X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yank
    1st Gear
    • Nov 2007

Rear cross member

I'm in the proccess of replacing my rear cross member. I have a new one with the hornes. I cut off the old one and am trying to fit the new. I am looking for the measurement from the top of the frame rails to the top of the cross member. If you put a sraight edge on the frame rail above the axle and measured from the bottom of the straight edge to the top of the xmember thats what I need. I hope someone understands what I'm looking for.
    Thanks
    72 SIII
  • daveb
    5th Gear
    • Nov 2006

i have a frame blueprint at home but I think someone has posted them online...check around...

Originally posted by yank
    I'm in the proccess of replacing my rear cross member. I have a new one with the hornes. I cut off the old one and am trying to fit the new. I am looking for the measurement from the top of the frame rails to the top of the cross member. If you put a sraight edge on the frame rail above the axle and measured from the bottom of the straight edge to the top of the xmember thats what I need. I hope someone understands what I'm looking for.
    Thanks
    A Land Rover would never turn up to collect an Oscar. It'd be far too busy doing something important, somewhere, for someone."

Comment

• leafsprung
      Overdrive
      • Nov 2006

it is in the factory shop manual

Comment

• yank
        1st Gear
        • Nov 2007

The green book?
        72 SIII

Comment