X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • utahseries
    1st Gear
    • Apr 2009

Parabolics

Hey, I have almost reached the rolling chassis point of my restoration, and I was wondering what parabolic springs everyone was running, and how they like them. The springs will be on a '56 86", and I will mostly use my canvas top, but I like to go camping with at least one passenger and our gear. Or to even be able to give my buddies a ride on the benches in the back.. Sorry about rambling!
    1956 86" S1
    1957 88" S1
    1967 109" SIIA NADA
    2007 LR3
  • xsbowes
    2nd Gear
    • Dec 2006

Here's a photo I found of a 54 86" with Rocky Mountain Parabolics:

Stacy
    Motta S.A. Italy

Comment

• Nium
      4th Gear
      • Aug 2009

utahseries,

I was trying to help ya out by searching the forums to see if I could point you towards a particularly useful thread. I found out there are more threads on parabolic springs and leaf springs then I would have thought. My, humble, suggestion is to click on the search tab in the bar near the top of the screen and do an advanced search so you can narrow the results to just the Series I, II, IIA, III forums and just type in the word "Parabolic" a plethora of information awaits you.

Our host here carries parabolic springs and I imagine would only carry what they felt were the best available.

May your restoration go well!
      Walker
      1968 Series IIA-"Ronnie"
      88" SW, 2.25L Petrol, LHD

Comment

• weatherm
        Low Range
        • Jun 2009

Just did it this weekend. Heres mine with the Rovers North Paras

I'm quite pleased.. the wife has to jump up into the truck now and I did get a solid inch of lift

Comment

• TedW
          5th Gear
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by weatherm
          I'm quite pleased.. the wife has to jump up into the truck now and I did get a solid inch of lift
          I had to install a step so my wife could get in!

I have a softop 88 with RN parabolics and am extremely happy, FWIW.

Given the stuff that's out there you can trust our hosts to sort through it all and offer the best.

Also, it has been said that you need stiffer shocks to compensate for extra body roll, but in my experience they are not really necessary. I have soft chassis polybushes, too. Like riding on a (metal) cloud!!!

Comment

• pisten-bully
            Low Range
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by TedW
            I have a softop 88 with RN parabolics and am extremely happy, FWIW.

Given the stuff that's out there you can trust our hosts to sort through it all and offer the best.
            Our RN parabolics have been on our Rover for maybe ten years? It's the way to go for sure. No problems with corrosion, breakage, or otherwise.
            '71 SIIA, 88" SW, NAS

Comment

• chester rides again
              1st Gear
              • Aug 2007

I got the Rocky Mountain parabolics and love them. The vehicle does lean a bit to the drivers side - not sure if that was the frame or the springs, BUT the ride is dramatically different than the origional springs. I did the OME shocks as well. Parabolics are the way to go!
              '68 109 3 door with multiple personalities
              '03 Ford Excursion 7.3 diesel
              '07 Porsche Carrera S Cabriolet

Comment

• LC Rover
                Low Range
                • Apr 2007

Para's

Got RN's old style para's.Starting to get the old lean to the driver side syndrome after 3 years
                LC Rover
                1975 XMOD 88

Comment

Working...