X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joecarville
    Low Range
    • Jan 2007

For What it's Worth

I tried an abrasive wheel designed for the job but the problem is that once it gets a grip on anything it just keeps chewing and in no time flat you are looking at a hole where there used to be aluminium. I tried a product from a company called Molecular Tech which costs $75 a gallon and claims to lift multiple coats of anything;;;;;;;;;;; Na ah another online product from Strip Ease same price made the same claims;;;;;;;;Na ah. I finished up using the Wal Mart common paint remover, a lot cheaper and really no harder.
    As to a layer count I have no idea but i believe that the vehicle was never washed during it's military service, when it got dirty they just painted it again!!!!. My advice to anyone thinking about undertaking this kind of thing is if you must then; you should check paint depth(look for chips or flakes this gives a good indication of the depth), warm weather is a must(strippers dont work in cold weather, even the Human kind). Be prepared for a lot of tedious work.
    There are various types of paint used some are a lot tougher than others and I assume are supposed to be chemical resistant and for the most part they are, a few more coats of that stuff and it could be considered Armoured.......
    Thanks y'all for the interest and if I can be of any help just give me a holler.
    Last edited by Joecarville; 05-06-2007, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Working...