X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JackIIA
    5th Gear
    • Dec 2008

B-Fast in Petersham Article

Enjoyed the read. Anyone know what color Don Flye's beautiful Series I is? It looks different than marine blue to me. Wondering if the series I had a different 'blue' or if it's just the photo. Pasted below for reference.

Jack
    Last edited by JackIIA; 08-18-2010, 10:13 PM.
    1970 88 IIA
  • TSR53
    5th Gear
    • Mar 2006

Photos are supplied to us in always the most different fashion, of course right? Some are old school prints, others low res 72dpi digital and some, excellent with EXIF data, tags and full descriptions. Compressing for the web, some of the colors and get "lost in translation" to optimize download speeds.

Here is a crop of the original supplied photo (I think it was a scanned from a print) to help illustrate the color better. I didn't compress this jpg so it only will have lost a very little tick when adjusting the mode from CMYK to RGB.

Carry on paint color discussion...
    Cheers, Thompson
    Art & Creative Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

Comment

• NelsAnderson
      Low Range
      • Oct 2006

More photos can be found here:

Comment

• JackIIA
        5th Gear
        • Dec 2008

hey thompson, i think you do great work for the record. the internet is a thankless place (and very hard to keep clean!).

nels, thanks for the link.
        1970 88 IIA

Comment

• utahseries
          1st Gear
          • Apr 2009

Looks to me like it's RAF Blue? It was one of the color options for the 86" Station Wagon.
          1956 86" S1
          1957 88" S1
          1967 109" SIIA NADA
          2007 LR3

Comment

• Terrys
            Overdrive
            • May 2007

Originally posted by TSR53
            Photos are supplied to us in always the most different fashion, of course right? Some are old school prints, others low res 72dpi digital and some, excellent with EXIF data, tags and full descriptions. Compressing for the web, some of the colors and get "lost in translation" to optimize download speeds.

Here is a crop of the original supplied photo (I think it was a scanned from a print) to help illustrate the color better. I didn't compress this jpg so it only will have lost a very little tick when adjusting the mode from CMYK to RGB.
            yeah, what he said.

Comment

• Jim-ME
              Overdrive
              • Oct 2006

No matter if you see a picture or see it in person it is one beautiful rig.
              Jim
              PS I've been fortunate to see it person.

Comment

• JackIIA
                5th Gear
                • Dec 2008

Yes, I learned it is indeed RAF Blue. Thanks Utah.

No doubt Jim. I'd love to have it.
                1970 88 IIA

Comment

Working...