• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TedW
    5th Gear
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jgkmmoore
    Ted W-
    Facet pump #60104 is what you want. It runs about 4 lbs at idle, and 1.5+ at cruise/hiway speeds. Believe that to be right in the proper range for 1 bbl Weber.
    Regards-Jeff

Thanks, Jeff! My f-pump is original and untouched - I figure I'm on borrowed time after 40 years. Am also looking at the Carter P4070, which has been suggested on various sites, including the one that specializes in Weber carbs. that said, it sounds like lots of folks here have had good luck with the Facet.

Comment

• sizod
      Low Range
      • Jan 2007

Awesome thanks. Yeah I was apprehensive about getting the Proline Mechanical pump. I do still have the original, maybe I should rebuild it again? The Carb I'm running is a Weber, that was what was on there originally. The pickup tube is relatively new and the fuel was replaced about a year ago with a used one. I did make sense to me that it is a fuel issue I thought it might be clutch shudder, I interested in hearing more about the electric fuel pump, it sounds like folks have had a lot of success with these. This weekend I'll clean and blow out the fuel lines and clean the pickup screen.

Comment

• jac04
        Overdrive
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by sizod
        I do still have the original, maybe I should rebuild it again?
        Just be careful about the rebuild kit you use. I rebuilt my original AC fuel pump with a Genuine Land Rover rebuid kit. Problem is that the diaphram is made improperly. I ended up reusing the original diaphram, which was actually in very good condition. Not sure how it will hold up to the ethanol in our fuel.

Comment

• sizod
          Low Range
          • Jan 2007

Cleaned the lines, sediment bowl and filter again. Didn't touch the timing or adjust the weber carb again, so far so good.. Thanks

Comment

Working...