X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crankin
    5th Gear
    • Jul 2008

Bottom Panel Left hand wing??

I was looking through the parts catalog (as I sometimes do when I am bored) and came across a part number that I had noticed before or seen. So, could someone shed some like on what the Bottom Panel Left hand wing Part# 330443 is? And possibly a picture of it installed...

Birmabright Brotherhood

Take the vow, join the brotherhood!

Clint Rankin - 1972 SIII SWB
  • stomper
    5th Gear
    • Apr 2007

Would this be the front section of the sill?
    Bad gas mileage gets you to some of the greatest places on earth.

Comment

• crankin
      5th Gear
      • Jul 2008

Birmabright Brotherhood

Comment

• TSR53
        5th Gear
        • Mar 2006

Available from stock.
        Cheers, Thompson
        Art & Creative Director, Rovers Magazine
        Rovers North, Inc.

Comment

• crankin
          5th Gear
          • Jul 2008

I see that. But I have not seen one installed and not really sure what the purpose of it is. Does anyone know?

Birmabright Brotherhood

Comment

• fishguy
            Low Range
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by crankin
            I see that. But I have not seen one installed and not really sure what the purpose of it is. Does anyone know?
            I think it's like the bigger galvi panels in that it is to prevent mud etc from getting kicked up...That left inner fender is more open to the wheel well if you know what I mean so that small part is like a bottom to a space occupied by the LHD steering gear and the windsheild washer assembly. It may also help stiffen the inner fender because it's steel and not Aluminum.
            Brian
            1974 Series III Coiler Project
            pics @: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2029646&id=1407702837&l=02d75d048d

Comment

• printjunky
              3rd Gear
              • Jul 2007

That's weird timing. I was just looking at PavementEnds' overhead photos (http://www.roversnorth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9595) of his cleaned up engine, and thought "Of the three series Rovers I've owned, I don't remember any having inner fenders (which is what I think you're talking about, right?) So I guess I didn't know they existed either! I was wondering how my relays and fuses for some new headlight wiring were gonna keep from getting drenched every time I hit water. Now I know.

Comment

• fishguy
                Low Range
                • Jun 2009

if you look at his dirty engine pic...you can just see the piece I was talking about, behind and below the windshield washer tank...I was surprised to see an actual installed charcoal breather!!!
                Brian
                1974 Series III Coiler Project
                pics @: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2029646&id=1407702837&l=02d75d048d

Comment

Working...