X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cousindave
    1st Gear
    • Jan 2007

vacuum leak

I'm trying to rejet my weber 32/36 dgv, but I'm not sure if I have a vacuum leak. She starts and idles perfectly but turning the mixture screw all the way in or out does absolutely nothing. Any ideas? Thanks
  • Gilberto
    Low Range
    • Jun 2010

Weber 32/36 DGAV

Hello from Mexico.
    I have a similar carb, drop me an e-mail and I will gladly share my experience.

gilbertocastaneda at me dot com

Cheers,

Gilberto
    1969 RHD Lightweight "Gwen"sigpic

Comment

• siii8873
      Overdrive
      • Jul 2007

start your truck up and spray some wd-40 around where you suspect the vacuum leak. If you hear a change in tone with the engine while spraying an area that will be where your vacuum leak is.
      I thought Pierce Manifold had parts for these carbs.
      THING 1 - 1973 88 SIII - SOLD
      THING 2 -1974 88 SIII Daily Driver - SOLD
      THING 3 - 1969 88 SIIA Bugeye Project
      THING 4 - 1971 109 SIIA ExMod - SOLD
      THING 5 - 1958 109 PU
      THING 6 - 1954 86" HT

Comment

• Terrys
        Overdrive
        • May 2007

Originally posted by cousindave
        I'm trying to rejet my weber 32/36 dgv, but I'm not sure if I have a vacuum leak. She starts and idles perfectly but turning the mixture screw all the way in or out does absolutely nothing. Any ideas? Thanks
        What jets are you going to put in?
        My old notes from a guy in the UK suggests:
        Main: 135 fuel, 150 air
        Secondary 150 Fuel, 165 Air

Comment

• cousindave
          1st Gear
          • Jan 2007

Thanks for the responses! Pierce manifold' s recommended. 135/140 main 150/150 air and 65/60 idle so I'm. Running that at the moment. NOT HAPPY AT ALL! She backfires everytime I apply the pedal under load. Carb has been rebuilt. I took it apart again and to make sure there is no gunk. Nice and clean. I just purchase a throttle shaft bearing kit from pegasus racing just make sure it's not leaking air. Hopefully it arrives today. Anyway I have spent weeks researching this carb on other vehicle makers sites and they all advance their timing a couple of degrees to get rid of the annoying hesitation. I tried that andshe actually ran worse. I retarded the timing about a degree seems to run a hair better. I think I'm getting close. I think( I might be wrong) that if she runs better with timing retarded she is running in a lean condition, which says to me I have a vacuum leak somewhere. Hopefully these parts come in soon so I can get this figured out.

Comment

• cousindave
            1st Gear
            • Jan 2007

Ok, so I think I'm getting closer. I met a guy at the gas station with a really nice jeep cj with a weber 32/36. He suggested to raise or lower pressure on fuel regulator. I lowered it to 2 gpm and it ran considerably worse. Well, after a few stops, the fuel regulator is now set at 4 gpm and the backfiring and hesitation is almost gone! I have to imagine there is an air leak at the carb. Also one odd thing I noticed: my electric fuel pump almost sucked the fuel tank to the point of implosion! I had to drill a small hole in the new fuel cap to get it to vent. She runs pretty good now. Just need those darn carb parts to ty to fix the vaccum leak.

Comment

• cousindave
              1st Gear
              • Jan 2007

Well, got the throttle shaft bearing kit from pegasus and installed it. Great piece of kit! It didn' t solve my problem though. The only way I can get her run well is with the fuel regulator set at 4 or higher. I am running out of ideas. The carb will not adjust. I've got the speed screw all the way out and she still idles at 850 to 900 rpm. She idles beautifully she starts every time, it's just I can't get her to adjust.

Comment

Working...