Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • siii8873
    Overdrive
    • Jul 2007

I looked at the attachment widerberg posted. I find it interesting that for 1969 there is not a red paint listed( 58-68 poppy red, 70 on masai red) , yet my 69 is red and I'm pretty sure it always was.
    THING 1 - 1973 88 SIII - SOLD
    THING 2 -1974 88 SIII Daily Driver - SOLD
    THING 3 - 1969 88 SIIA Bugeye Project
    THING 4 - 1971 109 SIIA ExMod - SOLD
    THING 5 - 1958 109 PU
    THING 6 - 1954 86" HT

Comment

• widerberg
      Low Range
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by siii8873
      I looked at the attachment widerberg posted. I find it interesting that for 1969 there is not a red paint listed( 58-68 poppy red, 70 on masai red) , yet my 69 is red and I'm pretty sure it always was.
      I'm fairly sure red was available in '69. Maybe as a special order? Hopefully someone has a catalog or ad from then that mentions it.

Possibly relevant, I used to have a Lotus Europa that didn't show an actual paint code, the code was sort of zeroed out, but the car was Lotus Yellow. I emailed the archivist at Lotus Cars and he said that the factory painters were on strike when my car was built and so it was shipped without paint and was painted at the dealership here in the States. Bizarre, but apparently true.

So, there could be all sorts of weird ways your Landy ended up being red originally.
      Bo Widerberg
      '73 Land Rover 88"
      '69 VW Bus (Westy)
      '69 VW Beetle

Comment

• Terrys
        Overdrive
        • May 2007

Not sure what's up with that link, but I have a Stephen Hull list I printed years ago that "Looks" like the one on that link, but clearly shows Poppy Red as available '59-72, Colour CMK, Code LRC.10

Here's the web address I got it from, printed on the bottom of each page. Not sure it still works.

www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk/color.html

Nope, link isn't any good any more, but just called the paint guy I deal with and just said LRC.10 and he said " Land Rover Poppy Red, 1959 to 1972, right?"
        FWIW, we had a (slightly crushed) '69 in Poppy Red, and I can say with some degree of assurance, it's original.

Comment

• TCapelle
          1st Gear
          • Mar 2008

rovers and syrup

Originally posted by mongoswede
          is that a jug of maple syrup sitting on the spare?
          Yes indeed it is...This years season is only a few weeks away here in the midwest..Sounds like in New Egland it is starting pretty soon...great time of year to do a little rovering and some syrup cooking....
          cheers!

Comment

• Terrys
            Overdrive
            • May 2007

Originally posted by TCapelle
            Yes indeed it is...This years season is only a few weeks away here in the midwest..Sounds like in New Egland it is starting pretty soon...great time of year to do a little rovering and some syrup cooking....
            cheers!
            Yes, it is. Most of my taps are on tubing, but still have 120 buckets out. They're nearish to the road, but collecting in 3' of snow, on snowshoes is pushing the he!! out of my knee.

Comment

Working...