Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scottlong
    Low Range
    • Dec 2010

This may seem obvious, but check the fan direction, and with a piece of paper. I had the same issue and even though it felt like the air was moving the right way to my bare hand, the paper showed I was wrong. Almost cost me an engine....

Comment

• crankin
      5th Gear
      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by TedW
      Clint:

I've run the exact same setup since '95 or so with no problems at all. My new 2.25 motor (5 yrs old) has not utilized the fan shroud and I have detected no cooling issues, even when towing a 23" boat in the summer. And I have the 88c t-stat.

So I'm wondering if something else is going on with your setup. Or maybe everything is fine, as you seem to suspect.

Question for you: What is this reinforcing of the pulley that you refer to? I just took off the fan and replaced the screws with some extra washers. Have never had a problem that I knew of. What should I do to reinforce the pulley, and why does it need reinforcing? Thanks in advance for your (or anyone else's) reply.

Ted
      I went to ace and got a large machine washer that was the diameter of the pulley. Individual washers would work too. The reason i reinforced the pulley was because I ripped through the first one (after I removed the fan) within tow days.

Birmabright Brotherhood

Take the vow, join the brotherhood!

Clint Rankin - 1972 SIII SWB

Comment

Working...