X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TeriAnn
    Overdrive
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by VTRover
    Terrie Ann, Darlin, who says you can't take the Kitchen with you? Priorities..... you got them in spades! ALL kitchen! Nothing else! You rock! Go Girl!
    It is not all kitchen. Those pictures only show the rear left side of my tuck's back area. The front two cabinets are storage. Clothing, books shoes recovery straps, handle for my pick ax plus bottom porta pottie storage on one cabinet. Fold up seat, sleeping bag & inflatable mat storage, spare nut & bolt box, 3 bottle wine cabinet, towels, toiletries, spare fan belts, relays, volt meter, + more spares in the other cabinet.

Overhead is a fold out bed with reading light. At the back not in the pictures is a single folding jump seat & compressor for airing up. A good place to sit a read in the evenings.

Sorry no cookies, spam or junk food. Just home style scratch made meals. Mostly meat, veggies, salad makings, orange juice & milk in the refrigerator. I only declare food emergencies if I run out of fresh garlic or mushrooms. Usually I came in then I've gone mostly through the 42 gallons of fuel that my three fuel tanks hold. Then I top off my 15 gallon stainless steel water tank and the refrigerator assuming I've been out traveling 4 or 5 days already.

While it seems palatial to some it is primitive compared to several outside vehicle camps that I have seen. My advantage is that I can go from driving on the trail to camp completely set up, dinner salad made, glass of wine poured and dinner cooking in less than 5 minutes. Even when it is windy & raining outside.

Yes, you can camp with less and have a good time for a short time. But I like being out longer. And for me, that means comfort and regular like home meals.

Anyone can put up with just about anything for a short time but how long can you go before a motel room, restaurant or your own bed becomes more interesting than what is over the next hill and around the next bend.

Can you go 2 or 3 months on the trail and still be more excited about what might be around the next bend than the thought of a motel room & restaurant or your own bed?? Live it, then if you can still say yes you have an expedition rig that suits you.

-

Teriann Wakeman_________
    Flagstaff, AZ.

1960 Land Rover Dormobile, owned since 1978

My Land Rover web site

Comment

• mongoswede
      5th Gear
      • May 2010

Reminds me of a very nicely setup Unimog 416 with a living box on the back I see for sale up in Canada on the Unimog Exchange. Its a bit out of my price range at $35k but a nice setup for a go anywhere live comfortably expedition vehicle.

Comment

Working...