X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bmohan55
    4th Gear
    • Sep 2008

Interesting Expedition Series

It may be over the top but there are certain things about it I think are really cool, i.e. the roof hatch & wood trim.

04 Disco, Gone-Disco died & so did mine
    '72 S3 88 - Leakey & Squeaky
  • SalemRover
    3rd Gear
    • Aug 2007

dual winches! that is one well thought out series rover.

Comment

• rejeep
      4th Gear
      • Apr 2010

very cool, but a bit too busy for me
      1971 SIIa 88" NAS Dauntles V6
      1974 SIII 109" RHD

Comment

• jumpmaster54
        1st Gear
        • Sep 2011

roof rack

I have considered that type of 110 staye roof cage for my 67 series IIa 109 5 door. Thoughts?

Comment

• superstator
          2nd Gear
          • Aug 2008

The wood trim seems a little cheesy to me, but I have to admit it's well done all round. Interesting that it has the UK plugs in the back - obviously the whole camper thing was done before it was imported. Also, one picture of the dude with binoculars was enough to show how the roof port works .
          '67 109 NADA #413 - rebuilding w/ TDI & galvy chassis.

Comment

• jac04
            Overdrive
            • Feb 2007

I love the 'glamour' shots. Makes me want to have some professional photos taken of my Rover.

I can't help but wonder if that external cage is tied into the chassis & strong enough to be used as a roll cage. From the looks of the hardware holding it in place, I don't think it was.

Originally posted by SalemRover
            dual winches! that is one well thought out series rover.
            I don't think that rear winch was meant for anything more than pulling some firewood out of the woods.

Comment

• Skookumchuck
              2nd Gear
              • Oct 2010

I like mine better it is covered in mud and well loved.
              1968 Series IIA
              1987 D90 Kid's project
              German wirehair Pointer (Wood Hound)

Comment

• Terrys
                Overdrive
                • May 2007

Originally posted by jac04
                I love the 'glamour' shots. Makes me want to have some professional photos taken of my Rover.

I can't help but wonder if that external cage is tied into the chassis & strong enough to be used as a roll cage. From the looks of the hardware holding it in place, I don't think it was.

I don't think that rear winch was meant for anything more than pulling some firewood out of the woods.
                You mean that ATV winch ? I might have taken more time to look at the truck, but the guy seems like such a poseur, the whole thing put me off. I mean, what exactly do you hunt with binoculars and 12ga? Why not just stand on the tailgate, with the upper left down, instead of chopping the roof open. I agree with the cheesy wood assessment too. Sorry, but that many 'wannabe' pictures undid what he was trying to do in my mind.

Comment

• SafeAirOne
                  Overdrive
                  • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Terrys
                  Sorry, but that many 'wannabe' pictures undid what he was trying to do in my mind.
                  I don't think many of us make up the seller's target market. It did make me want to buy some clothes from the J. Perterman catalog though...
                  --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
                  (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Comment

• Terrys
                    Overdrive
                    • May 2007

I bet his manicurist appreciates this

Taken right from his post " Under the bonnet is clean, clean, clean. You can work on it without the fear of getting dirty."

Oh yikes there's a dirty spot under my pinky, get it off get it off

Comment

• wrighthm
                      Low Range
                      • Jun 2010

"the fear of getting dirty" the fear, the fear!

Comment

• Winemark
                        Low Range
                        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Terrys
                        You mean that ATV winch ? I might have taken more time to look at the truck, but the guy seems like such a poseur, the whole thing put me off. I mean, what exactly do you hunt with binoculars and 12ga? Why not just stand on the tailgate, with the upper left down, instead of chopping the roof open. I agree with the cheesy wood assessment too. Sorry, but that many 'wannabe' pictures undid what he was trying to do in my mind.
                        While I have a weird degree of admiration of the truck, in so much as I doubt the buyer will ever spend an hour laying underneath it wrenching on anything, it isnt for me.
                        To Terry's point I dont think the guy in the picture nor the future owner will ever find himself in a place where he is pulling out a tow strap or for that matter ever rolling the hubs to engage 4WD. That trucks smells like it will end up in the Hamptons, ACK, Jekyll Island or the like, washing off mud or sand seem to be the last thing that will be part of the future for that very interesting truck
                        Best,
                        Mark

Comment

• TeriAnn
                          Overdrive
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by wrighthm
                          "the fear of getting dirty" the fear, the fear!
                          Geezzz guys. You have already ridiculed the future owner as a poser because the truck is currently really clean.

In the summer of 1997 I finished completely rebuilding my truck. Completely fresh interior, including fresh front headliner, freshly painted instrument panel, fresh interior wall panels and freshly painted Dormobile furniture. She had a steam cleaned underside & engine bay, fresh paint on the frame, EXPENSIVE fresh British Racing Green paint ( I took her down to bare metal before taking her to the paint shop) and fresh gel coat on the Dormobile pop up roof. She looked like a new truck inside & out. But before the paint was old enough to wax it had horizontal brush stripes and the underside had that well used on the trail look. And the interior had been camped in for over a month.

You guys don't know the circumstances of the photos used to sell the truck and you certainly don't know who will be buying the truck and for what purpose. And what about the possibility that the truck was used in some sort of advertising or catalogue shoot?

So why the shark feeding frenzy? It seems that every time someone tries to clean up a truck to look really nice everyone becomes a rivet counter judge. Any time someone offers a truck for sale at multiple times higher than the average well used semi worn out truck goes for everyone becomes vicious and attacks the seller as being a scammer trying to steal food from the mouths of staving babes.

Can't you guys just enjoy a nice looking truck and wish people well? Can you have fun without getting vicious???
                          -

Teriann Wakeman_________
                          Flagstaff, AZ.

1960 Land Rover Dormobile, owned since 1978

My Land Rover web site

Comment

• CMorris
                            Low Range
                            • Jan 2007

"So why the shark feeding frenzy? It seems that every time someone tries to clean up a truck to look really nice everyone becomes a rivet counter judge. Any time someone offers a truck for sale at multiple times higher than the average well used semi worn out truck goes for everyone becomes vicious and attacks the seller as being a scammer trying to steal food from the mouths of staving babes."

X2................Well put...........I like the truck, and truly appreciate that someone has obviously put a TON of thought and hard work into it. Good luck to the seller.

Comment

• smukai
                              Low Range
                              • Jul 2007

Holy crap...that is impressive!

Different and not my style but impressive nonetheless.
                              Seth

'67 IIa 109 Station Wagon (the daughter's toy)
                              2003 XC70 (for the dog)
                              2006 XC70 (for the wife/daughter/son)
                              2002 650 Dakar (for trip planning purposes)

Comment

Working...