X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keithg
    Low Range
    • Oct 2011

Side Marker lights for SIII

Does anyone offer new side marker lights for the S3? I don't see them on the RN site nor any of the others that I've checked.
    Keith G
    Butler, PA
    '73 Series III
    A bunch of old fords
  • SafeAirOne
    Overdrive
    • Apr 2008

Did you try a search for "side marker" on Moss Motors site? My SIII doesn't have the lights so I can't say for sure, but I bet they're the same as used on some other british cars (MG/Austin/etc...).
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Comment

• SafeAirOne
      Overdrive
      • Apr 2008

Also, it looks like RDS has them.
      --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
      (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Comment

• TedW
        5th Gear
        • Feb 2007

These side markers were used on various british vehicles, some slab sided and requiring a flat base (like Land Rovers), and others with curved fenders that required a beveled base (Spitfire/GT6).

IIRC the MG Midget used a side marker with a flat base, so that's what you should look for. I'm pretty sure that the Spitfire and GT6 used a beveled base. Both will fit, but the flat base is correct for Land Rovers.

George at RDS had original markers with the flat base. Pricey, but also original.

I have a bunch of used ones with reconditioned bulb holders. PM me if you just need one or a few parts - I may be able to help.

Comment

• keithg
          Low Range
          • Oct 2011

Wow, I didn't realize they were so expensive! I need all four so that's quite an investment......
          Keith G
          Butler, PA
          '73 Series III
          A bunch of old fords

Comment

• TedW
            5th Gear
            • Feb 2007

Keep an eye out on the ebay - they turn up somewhat frequently.

Comment

• ArlowCT
              2nd Gear
              • Jul 2008

I don't know if you are looking for the all original look but I just used side lights from a D90. They are $15 each from our hosts. They do have a diffrent bulb holder location on the back which changes where they mount just a bit. I cant remember if I had to move the through holes in the body or not. Could be worth looking into.

Comment

Working...