X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whannarover
    Low Range
    • Nov 2008

Johnson Rods.

Just got the wife an 06 Lr3 for Christmas, Yes she was a good girl, She loves it but she said it sits so low compared to her old disco. Which is now mine I saw these Johnson Rods and thought this is perfect. Just wondering if anyone has tried them out or not. Would rather have an opinion from trusted enthusiasts rather than someone trying to sell product. Anyway here it is . Cheep enough I may just try them out anyway. Thanks. Sorry I don't know how to put a link for "Johnson rods" here have to figure that out.
    Last edited by whannarover; 12-28-2011, 04:04 PM. Reason: forgot the last line.
  • mearstrae
    5th Gear
    • Oct 2011

What the heck is a Johnson Rod? In the old days they were akin to Muffler Bearings and Chrome Reverse Dizzys.

'95 R.R. Classic LWB
    '76 Series III Hybrid 109
    '70 Rover 3500S

Comment

• Partsman
      3rd Gear
      • May 2011

Here's the link for you

Johnson Rods Lift Kits, Lowering Kits and wheels for Land Rovers and Range Rovers. We have Defender Lift Kits, Range Rover Lift Kits, Range Rover Sport Lift Kits, Discovery 5 Lift Kits, LR3 Lift Kits, LR4 Lift Kits, Range Rover Lowering Kits, Land Rover Lowering Kits.

It looks like a lift kit

Series 2 Club Forum

Andy The Landy Shop

Comment

• mearstrae
        5th Gear
        • Oct 2011

Ah, sensor links to allow more clearance. Now, there is a REAL 'Johnson Rod'...LOL
        Back to the original question... Looks like it should work pretty well, it's simple enough of a design.

'95 R.R. Classic LWB
        '76 Series III Hybrid 109
        '70 Rover 3500S

Comment

• whannarover
          Low Range
          • Nov 2008

thats what I thought just wondering if anyone on here had tried them.

Comment

Working...