• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Leslie
    5th Gear
    • Oct 2006

Gotta start somewhere

Just to get things rolling.......

Howdy, I'm in Kingsport TN... upper east end of the state, just below the line with Virginia, not far from North Carolina.

(AND, I think that the Southeast board should abscond with the southwestern corner of Virginia, too.... the coalfields just don't have anything to do with the MidAtlantic.... lol...... )
    -L

'72 SIII SW 88"
    '60 SII 88" RHD
  • Rovering1
    Low Range
    • Oct 2006

Just south of BHM, AL.
    Somebody start a club around here please...........
    00 DISCO II

Comment

• stlrover
      Low Range
      • Nov 2006

Kentucky off-roading weekend November 17th&18th

Land Between the Lakes kentucky Rover weekend November 17th & 18th
      Please join the Chicago and St.Louis Land Rover clubs for a weekend of fun! More details posted on the Chicago Land rover web page. Hope you can join us!

Comment

• dogstar
        Low Range
        • Mar 2007

Bristol, TN here. Glad to see another rover owner from the Tri-Cities area Leslie!

Comment

• wrighthm
          Low Range
          • Jun 2010

K-Town

I am also from Kingsport, TN. I just bought my first series. It is a 1962 IIA station wagon. I am living in Lexington, KY as of right now for my job but I do still live in Kingsport as well. Odd circumstances right now but I do spend a lot of time both places since I was raised in Kingsport and lived there up until this summer. My rover and I are getting to know eachother right now. (beginning with a sputtering problem and a sometimes wont start problem. I think its electrical.) Oh and my name is Hunter Wright. Let me know if you want to get together sometime while in the tri-cities.

Comment

• Leslie
            5th Gear
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by wrighthm
            I am also from Kingsport, TN. I just bought my first series. It is a 1962 IIA station wagon. I am living in Lexington, KY as of right now for my job but I do still live in Kingsport as well. Odd circumstances right now but I do spend a lot of time both places since I was raised in Kingsport and lived there up until this summer. My rover and I are getting to know eachother right now. (beginning with a sputtering problem and a sometimes wont start problem. I think its electrical.) Oh and my name is Hunter Wright. Let me know if you want to get together sometime while in the tri-cities.

There's several Series in the Tri-Cities. In Kingsport, I've got a couple, as does Bob Ss; Jim F.'s got a nice one; Ralph M. does, too; Kenny K. often has one or two; Johnathan N. moved off to Hilton Head...
            Damascus and Abingdon have several, Bruce H. and John R., Kevin T.; I;m sure there are others that I'm not thinkin' of at the moment.

Silly question: any kin to the other Hunter Wright in Kingsport? I know Matt, his wife and my wife are cousins.
            -L

'72 SIII SW 88"
            '60 SII 88" RHD

Comment

Working...