Quote Originally Posted by Howsomever View Post
True they are lighter but the Sankey is too heavy for the stock series anyway...........let alone stopping.
Respectfully disagree with this. Unladen weight of a 3/4 ton narrow track is 788 lbs per the manual. Looking at shipping web sites people are estimating their M416's to be around 583 lbs., my old Bantam T3 weighed in at 550 lbs. Not a big difference. The sankey has service brakes as well as the hand brake to assist with stopping, US trailers have no service brakes.

My understanding is that the sankey narrow track was designed to be pulled behind military series truck which for all intents and purposes of being able to tow, are nearly identical to a stock series truck.

Now I've also thought of using rover spindles on the US trailer's axle. Looks like you could redrill the axle tube flange with the rover spindle bolt pattern and have a nice setup. Welding like you did it works too. Were you able to keep the parking brake functional with the rover parts? It looked to me like the US cam mechanism could be made to work on the rover shoes.