Thread: US Military trailers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I think you are correct. It's had a tailgate cut into it along the way, which makes it way more functional for my purposes. I think the tongue has been flipped over and of course the ring was cut off along the way and replaced with a farm hitch. That tire is the original military tire without the the tread - and it was holding air and made it all the way home like that. Tough tires! I got brand new bias ply mud grips at the same auction for $1 and they work great on this little rig. Now for a new floor....
    1983 LR 110 soft-top
    1991 RRC
    1963 LR II-A 88"

Quote Originally Posted by charo63 View Post
    I think you are correct. It's had a tailgate cut into it along the way, which makes it way more functional for my purposes. I think the tongue has been flipped over and of course the ring was cut off along the way and replaced with a farm hitch. That tire is the original military tire without the the tread - and it was holding air and made it all the way home like that. Tough tires! I got brand new bias ply mud grips at the same auction for $1 and they work great on this little rig. Now for a new floor....
    Yup, the lunette\landing leg casting is flipped upside down on that. Do you have the landing leg? If not they come up used now and then or a reproduction isn't that expensive. Looks like the parking brake handle is gone too. There's a company in Maine that makes reproduction floors as well as front and back panels. Let me know if you're interested in their contact info and I'll see if I can dig it up.