I was perusing eBay and came across this pretty sweet 1999 D110 listed in O.C. (CA). http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-...item1e630d929c

THis is in no way a plug or a bump for something that should be in the FS section. Rather, after I read the seller's description I was left wondering......why is it a "MUST SELL" situation? Have the Feds showed up at your door with an "export or crush" order?

If I were ballsy enough to import a true 1999 D110 w/ td5 etc., I sure the heck would not publisize the fact I possess something so blatently illegal on the internet. I'd keep her hidden on a ranch or a farm somewhere. So right there, this listing smacks of shadiness.

My real point, or question is this:
How often have you heard of US Customs (or FBI or whatever gvmt agency) tracking down illegal grey-market imports and fineing owners and seizing cars? I hear people talk about it like Keyser Soze or some other kind of "boogie man" reference.

Not saying that I don't beleive it's a serious offense and I'm not about to test the waters here, but just curious.

Let's hear the war stories! true examples.