Thread: Discos on Carolina Beach, NC

Default Discos on Carolina Beach, NC

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend!!

I was up on the North End (Freeman Park) of Carolina Beach, NC this past weekend and probably saw........I'm guessing here......10-15 Discoverys up there. Just curious if any of you here on the forum were up there......or go there regularly ?

I haven't bought a new sticker yet for this year ($100).....just the daily pass......but last year I was out there just about every weekend.

Doug Lewis
    Faison, NC

Default Kure Beach

Labor Day Weekend I was on Kure Beach in my Series IIA and saw about 6 Discos / LRs together. I was curious to if that was some sort of club function or it just happened. I have not seen any of them on the beach since.

Quote Originally Posted by Ncrover725 View Post
    Labor Day Weekend I was on Kure Beach in my Series IIA and saw about 6 Discos / LRs together. I was curious to if that was some sort of club function or it just happened. I have not seen any of them on the beach since.

Don't know about any club.......but would be interested. I was back on the North End on Labor Day Monday. Pretty deserted compared to past few years....guess the hurricane the weekend b4 ran everyone off.

Now when you say you were on Kure beach do you mean you went in the access point beside the aquarium ? I haven't been down there in 20 yrs or so. How is it now?

Doug

Default Access Point

The access point next to the aquarium is where I normally get on the beach. I come across from Southport on the ferry and thats the closest beach for me to drive on. I dont think it has changed much in the past fifteen years minus the fee you have to pay now. The beach has been pretty soft since the storm but overall its still nice. I heard there has been a few shark attacks this year around there.