Thread: Nepaug State Forest, CT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

i think you still can drive the trails legally as long as you stay off the power lines

Yoc, All the power lines near me are fenced off. Maybe I need to head out to the country side. My other problem is the length of time it takes me to get anywhere. 50 on the flats 30 on the hills.
    Do you have any good spots?
    72 SIII

yes the res. by your house is off limits now. did a lot of trailing in the past up there. i still go to nepaug. enter from rt. 202 heading towards torrington, canton recycling road near job lot/ saybrook fish house, or off rt. 44 heading towards satans kingdom tubing. first left after the bridge then first left. trail starts to go down hill. pretty washed out at first, low range, first gear area. if you go to the rocky hill ferry, go past the parking lot and head out into the turf farm. depending on the weather its a nice two wheel drive or it can be pretty muddy. alot of wildlife to be seen. go after the river floods and then recedes and you can see large fish landlocked in pools. i'll let you know when i remember other places, tom

Thanks, I mite head over to Rocky Hill this afternoon.
    72 SIII