Thread: door question

Default door question

ok so now i have a door question.
    I have two passenger side doors that look perfect but of course the bottom frame portion is rotted out pretty bad......Id just buy new doors here but the complete assembly they sell is around $3000.00!!! for two doors!

i look around online and i can find doors for sale but im very confused as to what i need......i got that a door skin is just the outside skin...........i also see door shells......is a shell the frame?

If i buy a shell do i also need a skin?

any USA sources you guys can tell me about?

thank you

ok all dumb questions i guess.....i think i figured it out.......

If the frames are the only part corroded, you can buy repair channel pieces from eBay UK to repair the frames. Not too bad, and a whole lot cheaper.

This is what you need, good seller too, I buy parts from him now and then:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/LAND-ROVER-S...item3a787803e0

If you have roll up window doors then the door channel stock wont help. Our host has the two second row door shells for sale for cheap. buy those and transfer your handles and mechanisms and glass over after painting to match. For fronts there is a pair on the D90 forum cheap that have dented skins but are rust free. Any body man can install the new skins. Skins are cheap and the new galvanized steel skins are better than aluminum ones.
    DividingCreekImports.com
    Tdi 130 Crew Cab x2
    110 V8 5 door