Thread: Thinking of Selling - need a little help.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Contractor View Post
    So, what say you?
    I say don't worry about what we think the vehicle is worth. Come up with a number that will make you happy with the sale. Personally, I wouldn't take a loss on any Series vehicle that I put a significant amount of work into.

Working on a LR is a labor of love, you will never get what you put into it.
    1968 battlefield ambulance/camper
    1963 Unimog Radio box
    1995 LWB RR

Quote Originally Posted by JimCT View Post
    Working on a LR is a labor of love, you will never get what you put into it.
    I wouldn't say never. If you find the right buyer, you should be able to get out what you put into it easily (forgetting about labor). The right buyer in a case like this is someone who realizes what has been done, but doesn't want to start with a vehicle in need of all that work and do it themselves (or pay a shop $$$$ to do it). The right buyer is usually not a die-hard Rover guy (or girl) who is constantly wrenching on their vehicle.
    I have sold 3 Series Land Rovers over the years, and always ended up on the plus side after the sale.