Thread: Rear diff

Default Rear diff

Im in need of a rear diff with 10 spline axles. Any advice on where to find one?
    Also what is your opinion of driving the lr with just the front diff with rear axles removed. Are the rear wheel bearings lubed from the diff oil?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	diff.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	14191Click image for larger version. 

Name:	diff 2.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	14192Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20221208_163418.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	150.2 KB 
ID:	14193

Took me hours to pry it out of the housing.
    My head ached for two days.

P.S.
    Merry Christmas

I have driven on the front wheels only when I have had rear shafts break and LR did approve a conversion that only drove the front wheels (Eezion conversion where you could lower the deck for easy loading and before you ask , they did not have CV joints in the front swivel housings ). The rear wheels vary on lubrication. Very early s2 had a filler plug in the drive flange to initially fill up the hub with gear oil . Later ones are greased but still allowed oil from the axle to migrate in. Eventually on the last S3 the hubs were greased but also had an oil seal to prevent oil entering the hub from the axle. In my opinion there would be no problem running without drive shafts in the short to medium term.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AA Eezion.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	14194
    Last edited by roverp480; 12-09-2022 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Added info