X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tluchette69
    Low Range
    • Mar 2023

Seat straps

I'm looking for a pic that shows how the leather seat strap is attached to the rear of the seat back. I have the parts but just want to see it first. I've seen pics of where the studs connect to the bulkhead but have not been able to find pics of the seat back. Any help is appreciated!

Todd
    '69 Series 2a 88
  • jimrr
    4th Gear
    • Dec 2010

no series 1 , 2 or 3 vehicles have a ''seat strap'' that fastens to the seat itself, you hafta be talking about another kind of Rover?

Comment

• tluchette69
      Low Range
      • Mar 2023

It appears this was an option. I’ve already purchased the leather straps and installed the studs on the bulkhead behind the seats. I’ve seen pics of other series that have them installed. The reason I found them is my passenger seat falls forward when I drive down my steep driveway. I thought there might be a solution so I started researching. They are listed in the parts catalogue and RN carries them as well as others.

I have original deluxe seats and the seat backs are made of Masonite. It looks like a rectangular hole is cut to accept the spring tabbed spire nut which will accept the screw that secures the leather strap.

Cheers

Comment

• roverp480
        3rd Gear
        • Jul 2020

Is this of any assistance
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Web capture_21-11-2023_9417_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	170444
        Or with metal backed seats

Name:	Web capture_21-11-2023_9927_www.series2club.co.uk.jpg
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	170445

Comment

• jp-
          5th Gear
          • Oct 2006

There most definitely are seat straps. The 109 SW straps fasten around the bar to a metal post. The 109 2 door and 88's fasten to the rear bulkhead on a metal post (both types show below). Some seats have two straps, others just one. One is all you need. Make sure to measure the distance to the post and test fit it (if possible) before screwing it into the seat back. There is the leather strap, and a rubber bumper pad. The pad differs slightly between the two types.

Name:	Seat back strap 109SW.jpg
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	170446

Name:	Seat back strap 109 2door_1.jpg
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	170447

Name:	Seat back strap 109 2door_2.jpg
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	170448
          61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
          66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
          66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
          67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
          88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

Comment

• tluchette69
            Low Range
            • Mar 2023

Yes, I bought the parts from the first diagram. Looks like I have to cut a square hole in the Masonite panel on the seat back to accept that spire nut. One chance to get it right so I’ll measure twice and hopefully cut once😜

Thanks for the info and pics!

Comment

• jp-
              5th Gear
              • Oct 2006

These are screwed directly into the seat backs on the originals. I don't think you need the spire nut. They aren't holding much force. I'd try that first.
              61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
              66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
              66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
              67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
              88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

Comment

• tluchette69
                Low Range
                • Mar 2023

Good point, I was starting to think the same. I'll try that first.

Comment

Working...