Heater worked fine. In fact I could wear my infamous shorts during december. Had some transmission work done about 3 months ago when it was 90+ outside. Noticed after I picked the rover up that one of the heater core hoses was disconnected and a heater bypass was done. Didn't pay that much attn to it at the time a figured I would just reconnect when I had the opportunity. A couple of weeks ago I had that opportunity and with screwdriver in hand I realized there was no stem or nipple or much of anything coming through the firewall to connect to! I know it is the right location....just below the other hose.....a inlet and a outlet. Am I missing something? Maybe it was cut or something I don't know. Either way......I hope I don't have to replace the heater core because some toolbox cut the D#$@ hose! If so......is this a job for someone who tears these apart often and if so about how much labor time to do? I can take apart...it's putting it back together that will be the downfall.I know the core is about ~150.00/Rovers North.

Thanks for your input.