Well less than 500 miles and a detent spring has broken on the leading edge in my 3/4 syncro again. I inspected the remaining springs and,like the ones I took out last time, they are wearing on the front edge right in the bend where they hang over the syncro hub. The contact is happening when I shift into 4th gear and the hub is shifted forward. The springs seem to be longer than they would need to be. When I get them in place I have maybe 1/8" hanging over the edge of the hub on either end and the bent end of the spring is just hanging out there. If the springs were shorter I believe it would hold them more centralized and it would not make the contact thats causing the breakage.

The syncro is operating fine and I don't believe it has any excess wear. I'm suspecting a non original syncro with original springs possibly. It could be a manufacturing variation that requires specific detent springs. I'm hoping someone who has knowledge of this issue will chime in.

I have a complete original syncro on order from RN but it wont be here for a week or so due to some backordered items.

Of course my lease was up and I turned in my car this past Friday and what happens Monday?? Go figure.

Thanks in advance!
Daurie