Thread: Tire Diameters

Default Tire Diameters

Could someone tell me what diameter a 600X16 and a 750X16 tires are? Thanks in advance,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim-ME
    Could someone tell me what diameter a 600X16 and a 750X16 tires are? Thanks in advance,
    Jim
    On an original Avon Ranger 750 x 16 mounted .... I'm measuring 31", though at the peak of the center of the tread it's near 32" dia.

Dave

Well, the actual size may vary; however the size is on the tire, which is the nice thing about the old sizing system. If the tire actually says "7.50X16" then it should be quite close. This is so several tire companies could have the exact same size tire for use on trucks. Heavy trucks (tractor-trailers) use this system still today, as there are so many heavy truck tire manufactures around the world now.

The first number is the sidewall height X the rim diameter. To find the total height, it is (first number X 2) + rim diameter.

So for a 6.00X16, the height should be (6 + 6 =12)+16=28
    For a 7.50X16, the height should be (7.5 + 7.5 = 15)+16=31
    9.00X16 = 34
    11.00X16= 38

Mystery solved...
    Owner: James Leach Global Expedition Services.

1995 110 Regular