Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Show us your 90, 110, & 130

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

One of the ex mod 110 I'm bringing over. It's towing the wife's Sankey field kitchen across the pond with it.

GMR Imports
    802-655-4874
    802-324-3370
    gmr4x4.com

1984 110 PU whilst at Badger after delivery awaiting timing belt.

1986 110 CSW 300TDI R380, hope to have it shipped by April. (update 3/20, should have an eta by the end of this week!)

Last edited by Andy110; 03-20-2012 at 01:54 PM.

If I remember right, that turbo is pushing the engine to the max already. I have the feeling the bottom end lets go (broken crank?) if you try to push it to hard. 2.5 diesel is a great engine, I wish I had one! But you may want to keep it stock. Hope someone chimes in and corrects me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ArlowCT View Post
    If I remember right, that turbo is pushing the engine to the max already. I have the feeling the bottom end lets go (broken crank?) if you try to push it to hard. 2.5 diesel is a great engine, I wish I had one! But you may want to keep it stock. Hope someone chimes in and corrects me if I'm wrong.
    That is my concern as well. I am having lunch with him on Tuesday and going to really ask him what he does. His shop is well known for their work - http://www.forcedperformance.com so obviously the last possible thing I want to do is lose the crank.

Nancy Astor: “Sir, if you were my husband, I would give you poison.”
    Churchill: “If I were your husband I would take it.”

Default 1985 110

1985 110 added to the stable.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1971 Ex Mod IIA 109
    1985 D110
    1998 D1 (Sold)

Drove this across the border myself last month. Lots of work to do on it, but it's a good starting point, a blank slate.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	110.jpg 
Views:	355 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	10020

I am noticing in some photos, the rivets remain unpainted, but some are. I understand the mid section rivets are not usually painted, but what about the remaining rivets towards the back? I am in the process of restoring my 86 110 and would like to keep it as original as possible... Does anyone know if rivets were painted from the factory?

I appreciate any advice I can get!!!
    Last edited by jjthenomad; 02-15-2019 at 05:04 PM. Reason: terrible English

Seres trucks were painted with the callings off, which were galvanized and installed with rivets (aircraft and pop style) after painting.

In 72 they went to all pop style rivets.

Defenders have the cappings painted, not galvanized. I suspect the body and cappings were separately primed, and then riveted together prior to final paint. So, the river heads would not be primed and therefore the pair could pop off the rivets years later.

Just speculation but seems plausible.

When a Defender gets repainted, it gets primed and painted completely assembled, so the paint would be adhered better to the rivets.
    Owner: James Leach Global Expedition Services.

1995 110 Regular

The early 110 with galvanised capping, which was fitted after the body was painted, meant these rivets are unpainted . The vehicles with painted capping were painted as a whole vehicle set with capping's already fitted ,so any rivets were painted as well , On Series vehicles, 110 and Defenders these mid section panels, fitted on the angled area to the rear of the rear side doors was always fitted on final assembly ( After all the painting) and the rivets were not painted . They often get painted after accident damage or other repaints. I had a vehicle hit the side of my early 110 and was very particular to point this out to the repairers to make sure they were not painted.