Thread: Tire size question

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Tire size question

I'd like to increase the clearance on my '04 Disco II SE (+/- 2") using nothing but an increase in tire size. I'm currently running stock 255-55-18 on my '04 Disco II. I've read through all of the posts regarding tires, but most of them refer to 16x7 wheels (such as on the S models and not the stock 18s as on the SE and HSE.

Does anyone know the tallest (& recommended) tire than can fit on stock alloys for On/Off road use that wouldn't rub up in the wheel well or when turning? I won't be doing any rock climbing, just trail riding with some deep mud every now and then with some tree stumps along the path.

Since rear wheels don't turn is it possible to just increase the rear tire height while increasing the height of the front tires just a tad bit?

Thanks!
    Last edited by SixthFlick; 05-31-2009 at 01:26 PM.