I've found a manual tranny '95 Disco I for my Series hybrid project (I plan to put a Series IIa 88 body on the Disco I rolling chassis). The price of the Disco I is good for what it is, but it appears the motor is a goner as it probably needs a block to cure a water leak that replacing the head gasket didn't take care of. I may use the Disco for a while before I remove the body and start the hybrid build. Either way, I need a new motor. I'd like to improve the miserable gas mileage that apparently comes with the V-8 so am considering a diesel. Everything I've read indicates that the 200tdi is probably the way to go, simpler but just about as much power as a 300tdi. I've read, also, that the 200 is pretty much a bolt in on a Series chassis, especially if the turbo is re-plumbed so it won't foul the frame or the motor is de-turbo'ed. I understand the 300 is bigger and therefore not as easily fit. What are the forum's thoughts on this? Also, should I be considering any other diesels or gas motors, even non-LR?