Gents,

Great to meet all of you. I am in the Washington DC area and have a 1965 SIIA in case anyone else is in the area. I have been on the boards for some time but this is my first post. Having some issues with my cooling system.

Some background. I purchased my SIIA 88 in March 2012 in California. I drove it for about a year with no issues at all. In April of 2013 I moved to Georgia and began to have some cooling problems. The engine was overheating regularly and i did a full system flush to remedy the issue. It seemed to correct the issues for the most part.

In October I moved to DC and the cooling problems have changed a bit. It continues to run cool when there is plenty of coolant in the system, but I am losing coolant at an alarming rate. Sometimes while driving I will have water/coolant pour out of the heater unit and empty at my feet and I have observed some leaking from below where the heater is mounted on the firewall. It doesn't look like it is leaking from anywhere else.

The pipes/hoses where the cooling system enters the firewall appear dry and solid, so I think the leak is somewhere in the heater.

Has anyone else experienced problems like this? How complicated is it to find the actual source of the issue? Do I need to remove the entire heater to find the issue? Recommendations?