Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Music in a series truck.

Quote Originally Posted by CRiordan01 View Post
    I've had good luck in my Series 3 with a Bose Soundlink wireless unit. It produces good sound in the truck and can be set in the dash while driving; take it with you when you are done. Also has good battery-life, Bose claims 8-9 hours on a charge.
    Thanks, I will look into that.

I use a Big Jambox. Plenty loud and good sound quality.

You can also take it with you when you arrive at your destination!

Quote Originally Posted by cnfowler View Post
    Which are illegal to use while driving in most states.
    I've never really understood that. Deaf people can drive. People in fire trucks and most government trucks wear earphones. Many people drive in cars with 1.21 gigawatt stereo systems that you can hear from a block away with their windows closed.

Anyway, I built an 'L' shaped shelf that sits on the front and side lip of where the roof is bolted to the sides and windscreen top.It holds the radio and a speaker at each end plus a CB radio and clock.

I no longer have the original image but you can see the shelf in this collage:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GreenRovercalloge.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	132.9 KB 
ID:	11916

La Salle Trim make a range of headliners for ceiling mounted radios and speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by TeriAnn View Post
    I've never really understood that. Deaf people can drive. People in fire trucks and most government trucks wear earphones. Many people drive in cars with 1.21 gigawatt stereo systems that you can hear from a block away with their windows closed.

Anyway, I built an 'L' shaped shelf that sits on the front and side lip of where the roof is bolted to the sides and windscreen top.It holds the radio and a speaker at each end plus a CB radio and clock.

I no longer have the original image but you can see the shelf in this collage:
    Thanks Terri, I like the idea of things like radio components above head. Interesting set up. Thank all,, ver

Name:	GreenRovercalloge.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	132.9 KB 
ID:	11916

La Salle Trim make a range of headliners for ceiling mounted radios and speakers.
    Thanks I like the idea of things above your head and out of the way, like it very much.

Totally doable.

We put a slim powered sub under the front seat (Soundstream USB-8A 8-Inch Powered Subwoofer Slim Enclosure)

Bought two of these Versa-pods (http://www.amazon.com/Select-Increme...rds=versa+pods)

Couple 4" speakers

And A Kicker 40PXIBT502 2 Channel Portable Bluetooth Amplifier (amplifier hidden behind dash panel and controller within arms reach.

Sounds great and you can hear it with the top off (when you come to a stop the bass is a bit more prominent).

I'm super happy with it and it's basically invisible.

Name:	IMG_3338.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	11944Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3339.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	11945