Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Front exhaust pipe install with Koenig front winch PTO shaft in place

Quote Originally Posted by charles1943 View Post
    Could you post an image of where the shaft passes the header pipe? That might help 2 see how tight things r

It's not easy to convincingly photograph the issue but this pic gives the idea. I'll be giving it a shot and appreciate your wish of luck.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1133.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	14628

Quote Originally Posted by jimrr View Post
    that photo is most informative. My PTO is mounted vertically, it's been there since i was 20, lucky i have not wiped it off yet. mine is obviously much lower, is that how the book said to mount it? I like it where you have it, tucked up higher out of the way and now with my rig being bashed the driveline comes undone a lot. yours probably flexes less due to its higher positon?
    Interesting your PTO is vertical. I'm 99.99% sure this was installed by Land Rover or the dealer. Perhaps even by Koenig... though I doubt they visited dealerships to aid in install. Regardless, this PTO's position hasn't been altered since new in 1971. In my files I found these two images which seem to show it at an angle like mine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1. Finn's info_c.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	14629Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Magazine promo_2.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	14630