Thread: swivel pin question

Default swivel pin question

I am in the process of rebuilding my swivel pin in my 1978 series 3 lightweight. The old swivel did NOT have the raiko bush washer installed. I tried to put it in my new setup, but it will not allow the pin to sit properly. Everything I read says I must use the washer, i'm stumped! Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

The green bible says that if you have later style railkos you don't need the washer. My question is how do you know which style you have when everything is new and the swivel pin"kit" came with the washers. I guess that I'd try it without the washer.
    Jim

Default Jim, try this (corrections, please, from the group): Look inside the Rialko...

and if the bottom of the Railko appears to be made of the same material as the sides (or of the washer you were sold) then you don't need the washer - it's built into the Railko. When I rebuilt mine and used the washer the pin sat too high. Without the washer it was just right.