Page 151 of 229 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 2287

Thread: What did you do to your Rover today?

Been busy, painted set of 16" wheels to use with my 235/85 tires, replaced shocks, replaced rear output shaft seal, which lead to my handbrake rebuild, which lead to replacing the rear driveshaft. Which lead to draining every fluid and filling her back up. Now to mount the tires and figure out why she now is stalling and backfiring!!!! Where to begin the diagnosis!!!????
    1996 Discovery SE7 5spd -SOLD
    1962 Series 2a 88"

Drawn my rear winch removable attachment that will be used on my rear tow hitch. Its for an Superwinch Lp8500. Parts should be plasma cut and bent today and I should be able to assemble/weld them tonight at home.

Picked up more crap for mine
    top, tub, doors, hood, seats basically a 2nd truck minus a few bits.. loaded up ready to head home.

Today, I :
    1. Cleaned the flywheel and replaced the center bushing.
    2. Stripped the clutch.

The old and new bushing:

Driving in the new bushing:

Bushing in place:

Compressing the clutch to get the pressure plate out:

Pressure plate in hand:

The cover and springs:

I wire wheeled and washed all the parts and shot the cover with primer:

The lever in the normal position but easier to see without the cover:

The cover is painted and all the pieces laid out.

The guts going together. A dab of high-temp grease on the pivot points and the adjusting not locations:

Clamping the cover on to attach the adjusting nuts:

The finished assembly with the cover and levers back in the original location.:

I have not set the adjuster height yet. I will do that tonight. I need to check the book for it.
    Last edited by westcoastkevin; 04-02-2012 at 08:00 PM.

Default pre inspection check out

thought i'd check my lights before I get the 74 inspected. Due March 31st, little late. Well front right driving light and left reverse lights are out. Reverse light was easy, cleaned connections, good. Front right was more of a PITA, after tracing down the problem to the ground lead on the light I found the ground connector at light was disconnected. Reconnected it with a little solder good to go.
    Put the bulkhead cowl, tunnel cover and floors in the 109. Preping for a test drive of the brake upgrade and clutch slave and reservoir work.
    THING 1 - 1973 88 SIII - SOLD
    THING 2 -1974 88 SIII Daily Driver - SOLD
    THING 3 - 1969 88 SIIA Bugeye Project
    THING 4 - 1971 109 SIIA ExMod - SOLD
    THING 5 - 1958 109 PU
    THING 6 - 1954 86" HT

Quote Originally Posted by Ncrover725 View Post
    I was no where as productive as you guys. I took my 109 to the local park and slept in the back of it to avoid the 2 day old baby who kept crying. I was a slacker!
    Procure this item, throw it in the back of the 109 and use it when you get to the park.

http://www.rei.com/product/798588/by...double-hammock

That is what I've been doing for the last month. Hammock in the back of the 109, do toward the back, where normal people won't take their cars and chill. Been having house-buying issues and this thing has done a lot to lower my stress level.

got the trans and transfer case up into the RRCLWB. Bolted up the oil pan (removed to make easy access to the torque converter bolts) and the oil pipes for the trans. Still some hook ups yet to do; prop shafts, LH exhaust mani, y pipe, exhaust, cross member, reassemble center console...

I tried to get a shop to do this and nobody in my area wanted to touch it. It cost me several weekends to do this swap between taking the trans out of the donor, out of the driver, and getting it all sorted and back in.

I ended up using my engine crane and dropped a chain down thru the trans hump hole. Somehow I got the right balance point on the trans/transfer case assembly cz it slid right up into place with a small amount of wiggling.

My driveway is THE WORST place to work on cars but it always seems that's where I end up doing all my major repairs. Gnarly gravelly asphalt. If only I lived at the barn where I can work inside with my air tools on a concrete floor...

I finished adjusting the clutch. some 3/8" keystock and a caliper to set the depth:

End up my removable rear winch mount. Electrical wiring will be done later...

Quote Originally Posted by LR Max View Post
    Procure this item, throw it in the back of the 109 and use it when you get to the park.
    Is there no limit to how much style one person can have?