Clear All
  • TSR53
    5th Gear
    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by JSBriggs
    Pic for when the link goes bad...

24436167F

-Jeff
    Thanks for posting. I'll update the registry listing with your information. BTW, my sister lives on the other side of the canyon in Cool. Send more photos of how nice and dry it is out there, thanks.
    Cheers, Thompson
    Art & Creative Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

Comment

• JSBriggs
      1st Gear
      • Dec 2006

yet another Bugeye, this one turned into a 109 coiler. https://picasaweb.google.com/1125564...UQ&feat=email#

-Jeff

Comment

• RainyPDX
        Low Range
        • Feb 2012

The Bob I chased down?

Originally posted by Opabob
        Hi there. New member here. You can update registry from:

24435864F--Jim Schroeder, Seattle, WA. Currently listed for sale here.

to:

24435864F-- R. Bradley, Portland, OR

Jim sold his truck to me.

Hello Bugeye's!

We're new 69 IIa owners... but looks like it's not a bugeye... barely... 24438008G. That said, we just plucked it from Redmond, WA two weeks ago, and hauled it down to Tigard, Oregon, and are SUPER happy about it!

Anyways, I'm replying to Bob's post, because, (i believe) he just drove by my house a few hours ago... I have a nice view out the window, from my home office, and after I saw him chugging up the hill, tracked down my keys, searched for some shoes, found a hat, then I ran out, jumped in my car, and chased him down... It wasn't hard, I think I could have also grabbed lunch...

As we blocked traffic, chatting for a minute, he said to post in the Bugeye registry here, and he'd keep an eye out. I was excited to see another 69 IIa owner lives so close! We obviously need to hook up!

Now that I see he also JUST plucked his from Seattle, I understand why he had a new box of heavy duty jack stands, and a creeper in the back... I headed to Sears last week for the same thing.

Here's a pic of our new boy... Has to be a boy... Our '63 Austin Healey MkIII is obviously his big sister... Just need a name... Should be "Rusty"... but I'm hoping that isn't a good long term name!

Be sure to look for 9,999 future posts with questions....

Best,
        Eric & Cindy
        Tigard, OR

Comment

• Opabob
          Low Range
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by RainyPDX
          Now that I see he also JUST plucked his from Seattle, I understand why he had a new box of heavy duty jack stands, and a creeper in the back... I headed to Sears last week for the same thing.
          Glad you posted, Eric. Maybe not a bugeye, but clearly a Series II, and quite handsome. Nice Healey, too!

Comment

• longknifer
            Low Range
            • Aug 2008

I purchased the 69 Bugeye 24435501F from Harry yesterday.

Comment

• WilsBoar
              Low Range
              • Dec 2010

Bugeye Purchased in MD....Retiring in FLA...almost

Bought 24435786F on 3/9/12...no regrets!
              Last edited by WilsBoar; 05-17-2012, 02:32 PM. Reason: Change text
              1969 Series IIa 109
              She is ugly but she is mine...

Comment

• Revtor
                2nd Gear
                • Apr 2012

24435996F 1969 Poppy Red, 85k miles, in good running shape. I just bought it from a really nice enthusiast in Maine, it will be on its way to New Jersey in a few weeks. Was originally sold in Maine, spent most of its life in TX, ended back in Maine, and now on its way to NJ for moderate upgrading and years of adventuring!!!!

~Steve

Last edited by Revtor; 01-22-2013, 12:06 AM. Reason: added pic
                ---- 1969 Bugeye ----
                ---- 1962 Dormobile ----

Comment

• Opabob
                  Low Range
                  • Feb 2012

Looks like maybe a wheel stud is missing. If so, I'd be curious to know the type -- threaded or pressed. I need to order one and am not sure how to tell the type.

Comment

• Revtor
                    2nd Gear
                    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Opabob
                    Looks like maybe a wheel stud is missing. If so, I'd be curious to know the type -- threaded or pressed. I need to order one and am not sure how to tell the type.

yep youre right.. ill know whats up when i pick it up in two weeks!!!

~Steve

EDIT: Well we all made it home allright, 450 miles or so with no (real) problems! 24435996F is now safely garaged in NJ. Time to go through it and clean her up. -And order some wheel studs! My front wheels have 3/4" lug nuts and my rears are 15/16"! So something is off.
                    Last edited by Revtor; 05-27-2012, 08:55 AM.
                    ---- 1969 Bugeye ----
                    ---- 1962 Dormobile ----

Comment

• cmcgahagin
                      Low Range
                      • Jul 2012

Click image for larger version

Name:	Front View.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	167149Click image for larger version

Name:	Full Driver Side.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	167150I have a '69 Series IIA for the Bugeye Registry. The S/N is 24435870F. I bought it in '87, it ran at the time. I bought it in Va. Beach. Due to a mobile career I ended up putting it in a garage, where it spent 19 years and became a retirement project. The last 6 years its been in the front yard but I'm going to move it back into a garage and start a ground up rebuild. I expect this to be an interesting journey.
                      We're located on the Eastern Shore of Maryland.
                      Last edited by cmcgahagin; 07-06-2012, 12:23 PM. Reason: Adding Pictures
                      Charles
                      '69 Series IIA

Comment

• Revtor
                        2nd Gear
                        • Apr 2012

Click image for larger version

Name:	beye01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	167235Click image for larger version

Name:	beye02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	167236

24436095F is being parted out in NY state, around Utica.

~Steve
                        (Not mine)
                        ---- 1969 Bugeye ----
                        ---- 1962 Dormobile ----

Comment

• Cevan
                          Low Range
                          • Jul 2011

I just purchased 24435868F. It's a project as the photos here show but the frame is in excellent condition. The seller thought it was a 1967. But after looking at lrfaq.org site, it looks like it was produced in March of 1969. So is this a bugeye?

My headlights as you can see are in the breakfast and the wings have no headlights. Is this incorrect?
                          1976 Honda CB750F1
                          1974 Honda CB360G
                          1967 Series IIA

Comment

• Revtor
                            2nd Gear
                            • Apr 2012

well, if your frame is # 24435868F, then yeah it fits squarely in bugeye territory. I dont really know for sure, but were Rovers made bugeye for europe? Or just Australia and USA? Perhaps it's not originally a NADA truck?

Bugeye means lights on the front of the fenders, no sunken front panels.

~Steve
                            ---- 1969 Bugeye ----
                            ---- 1962 Dormobile ----

Comment

• JohnsD90
                              Low Range
                              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Revtor
                              well, if your frame is # 24435868F, then yeah it fits squarely in bugeye territory. I dont really know for sure, but were Rovers made bugeye for europe? Or just Australia and USA? Perhaps it's not originally a NADA truck?

Bugeye means lights on the front of the fenders, no sunken front panels.

~Steve
                              His lights are from what I see in the breakfast.
                              1974 Series 3 SW - Current
                              1995 Defender 90 SW - Sold 2009

Comment

• stomper
                                5th Gear
                                • Apr 2007

From the info I got from his friend graniterover, the basketcase has 2 separate breakfast plates, and wings with the headlight cutouts. It sounds to me like you may have a bugeye, but that it has been transformed over the years with parts from other rovers. The qestion now is, what configuration for the headlights will you choose to assemble it with?
                                Bad gas mileage gets you to some of the greatest places on earth.

Comment

Working...