X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NepentheSea
    Low Range
    • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Mogly406
    I just dragged this Rover home last weekend. It is a completely unmolested 1964 IIA complete with Koenig winch and rear PTO. It is a one owner Rover that has sat untouched for the past 25 years. The inspection sticker on the window is from 1982.
    What I'd like to know is HOW did you find it? Man that looks like fun pulling that out of the muck and going through it!
    Will
    '74 109 2.6 RHD

Comment

• HybridIIA
      1st Gear
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by NepentheSea
      What I'd like to know is HOW did you find it? Man that looks like fun pulling that out of the muck and going through it!
      I found it on craigslist. The Rover was well hidden behind the house, so not visible at all from the road, which is why I think it sat un-noticed for 25 yrs. But believe me, it really wasn't fun getting it out. I hadn't used my hi-lift jack for a while and found out it was seized, so my only jack was a little hydraulic jack w/ very little lift. It took forever jacking the front end up a few inches at a time and blocking to get under the sunk front end. And once I was finally able to drag it rearward a few feet, I found that the left front wheel was frozen. I struggled with it for a while, but in the end the only way I could free it was taking the wheel off and breaking the drum in half with a sledge hammer.
      '62 109 - coil sprung
      '64 88 - coil sprung

Comment

• TCapelle
        1st Gear
        • Mar 2008

Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Rover Fans

Will santa bring you your favorite rover parts?

Now who wants to go winter camping???

Comment

• Santanarover
          Low Range
          • Dec 2009

Northern Nicaragua land rover

Attached are pics of my landi in Nicaragua. Maybe the first on this forum. Cost me 600.00 bucks Looking for a toyota engine to add more hp.

Comment

• brucejohn
            2nd Gear
            • Jul 2009

Capelle- Is your exhaust distributed under the passenger compartment or am I looking at the picture wrong?
            1982 SIII 109 RHD petrol project.

Comment

• JackIIA
              5th Gear
              • Dec 2008

Thanks Rob. I found this one near Camden, ME. After sitting for 25 years, it was a real pain to move. The front end had sunk into the ground up to the diff. It took about 4-5 hours of digging & winching to get it on the trailer.

Mogly - great find. any chance you can post some interior shots? just curious, and always enjoy people's picts of their trucks.
              1970 88 IIA

Comment

• Nanoose
                Low Range
                • Dec 2009

1995 Series 1

Almost daily driver...

Dave

Comment

• Bostonian1976
                  5th Gear
                  • Nov 2006

I just dragged this Rover home last weekend. It is a completely unmolested 1964 IIA complete with Koenig winch and rear PTO. It is a one owner Rover that has sat untouched for the past 25 years. The inspection sticker on the window is from 1982.
                  Mogly - I have that truck's twin

'67 sort of station wagon (limestone), '65 gray hardtop, '63 blue Station Wagon, '64 limestone station wagon in pieces

Comment

• HybridIIA
                    1st Gear
                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by JackIIA
                    Mogly - great find. any chance you can post some interior shots? just curious, and always enjoy people's picts of their trucks.
                    Sure, below are two shots of the inside. The thing in the back is the PTO that mounts off of the rear crossmember. This thread should probably be moved to the "waiting to be rescued" area.
                    '62 109 - coil sprung
                    '64 88 - coil sprung

Comment

• HybridIIA
                      1st Gear
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Bostonian1976
                      Mogly - I have that truck's twin
                      Very nice! Its always fun to find your long lost twin. What's the story behind yours?
                      '62 109 - coil sprung
                      '64 88 - coil sprung

Comment

• Rover 67
                        Low Range
                        • Sep 2009

Christmas 67

I hope that my 67 will survive the indignity of being a Christmas decoration--Perhaps he (or she) will think that it is an honor.

Comment

• Bostonian1976
                          5th Gear
                          • Nov 2006

Very nice! Its always fun to find your long lost twin. What's the story behind yours?
                          yeah I'll post a few more pics. My interior looks identical to yours. I'm pretty sure mine was also parked very early on in its life - it was found out in a field. Someone bought it, thought they could tackle it, but didn't - threw it up on Ebay, I got it as a present as a parts truck....but I can't part it

So it sits, waiting to be restored. It'll happen to both of mine in the next few years, once things settle down a bit.

'67 sort of station wagon (limestone), '65 gray hardtop, '63 blue Station Wagon, '64 limestone station wagon in pieces

Comment

• Bostonian1976
                            5th Gear
                            • Nov 2006

one more that's pretty much identical to your 'rearward' shot.

The gray is pretty rare from what I understand..

Comment

• brucejohn
                              2nd Gear
                              • Jul 2009

Another day in paradise...

My 82 Series III RHD 3door 109 is finally back on the road. There may be all kinds of items left to bring her all the way back, but today she took me to work and to visit some of our projects. Life is good...
                              Happy Christmas everyone - have a great holiday!
                              1982 SIII 109 RHD petrol project.

Comment

• frans
                                Low Range
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by brucejohn
                                My 82 Series III RHD 3door 109 is finally back on the road. There may be all kinds of items left to bring her all the way back, but today she took me to work and to visit some of our projects. Life is good...
                                Happy Christmas everyone - have a great holiday!
                                I like your 109! I have the same body type on mine, except that my windows do not open.
                                Could you post a close up of one of them? Any idea who made them or if they are Land Rover parts?
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...