Low Range
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by crankin
      OK, what is that thing?

Comment

• Tim Smith
        Overdrive
        • Nov 2006

That was made up for the Judge Dredd movie. I bet it had a 2.25 in it.

Comment

• Cutter
          4th Gear
          • Feb 2009

If I recall correctly it was built on a forward control. forgot about that thing, probably because the movie was not worth remembering...

Comment

• Tim Smith
            Overdrive
            • Nov 2006

Indeed. What a shame too.

Comment

• Triumphdaytona2007
              Low Range
              • Aug 2010

i just recently got 2 series rovers, they are my first rovers, the first one is a 1968 right hand drive 109 inch the second is a 1966 5 door safari model 109 inch, they both are in pretty good shape, the right hand drive has some rust on the bulkhead, the safari model only has rust on the drivers side door, the safari model was restored at one time so the interior looks great! they both run great, the rhd drives fine, i have to fix the brake pedal and clutch pedal on the safri to make it drive, they came with a bunch of extra parts, spare doors, tailgates, hatch door, windows, soft top racks, a soft top, 2 boxes full of new land rover made parts, they also came with old land rover shop manuals dated march 1969, part one and part two
              Last edited by Triumphdaytona2007; 02-06-2011, 10:17 PM.
              1964 Series IIa 109" Pick-Up RHD
              1965 Series IIa 88" Wagon LHD
              1968 Series IIa 109" Station Wagon LHD

Comment

• Tim Smith
                Overdrive
                • Nov 2006

Congrats!

My advice, make the 5 door the show piece and make the pickup the piece. I like them both but that pickup looks like it's been through the ringer. If you like pretty, then put that towards the 5 door. If you like fun then put your pick up to the task.

Comment

• Triumphdaytona2007
                  Low Range
                  • Aug 2010

yes thats what i plan on doing, im repainting the truck italian olive and fixing the rust at the moment, its going to be the trail/ fun truck, the safari one will be my show piece, i havent did nothing to the safari yet but take off the front doors so i could see what little rust it has
                  1964 Series IIa 109" Pick-Up RHD
                  1965 Series IIa 88" Wagon LHD
                  1968 Series IIa 109" Station Wagon LHD

Comment

• bt1211
                    Low Range
                    • Jul 2010

here's mine. I got it about a month ago. 56,000 miles, great interior, drives, a little smoke on start-up, all lights work, new d/side fender.

The bad

floor on DS needs replacing, pass OK. Door pilar on DS is ok, pass needs some attention. Pulling to one side when braking, so hoses need to be replaced. breakfast needs work. Needs rear crossmember

My issue is that I live in Chicago and have never thought of going 4-wheeling(not that I wont). Ive also owned a nice 77 Bronco. I cant comprehend a car that cant go over 55mph and Ive owned ACVW most of my life. What Im getting at is that this MIGHT become a custom. It really is a nice truck and it might be too nice for me to cut into.

Comment

• Tim Smith
                      Overdrive
                      • Nov 2006

Those seats look PLUSH!

You better at least clean and cover the rusty spots of the bulkhead with some waxoil or something before the Chicago salts arrive.

Comment

• Andrew IIA
                        3rd Gear
                        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by bt1211
                        here's mine. I got it about a month ago. 56,000 miles, great interior, drives, a little smoke on start-up, all lights work, new d/side fender.

The bad

floor on DS needs replacing, pass OK. Door pilar on DS is ok, pass needs some attention. Pulling to one side when braking, so hoses need to be replaced. breakfast needs work. Needs rear crossmember

My issue is that I live in Chicago and have never thought of going 4-wheeling(not that I wont). Ive also owned a nice 77 Bronco. I cant comprehend a car that cant go over 55mph and Ive owned ACVW most of my life. What Im getting at is that this MIGHT become a custom. It really is a nice truck and it might be too nice for me to cut into.
                        Man, those seats are a cool color !! They'd be way cool in any event but (most of) the trim in the truck matches the weird/great color !!! Its awesome !

Who knows the story behind this great/weird color Series interior ?
                        Andrew
                        '63 SIIA 88" SW

http://hungrynaturalist.blogspot.com/

Rover Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/skunkal...7610584998247/

Comment

• bt1211
                          Low Range
                          • Jul 2010

I assumed the interior was stock(since it matches the door panels and the roof trim). If its not, its done very well. I can take pics if needed.

Comment

• Tim Smith
                            Overdrive
                            • Nov 2006

Oh! You have a black eye. From some bruising in the streets of Chicago I bet.

Yes, I'd love to know more about that vinyl color. Could you take a close up picture of the underside of one of your seats? I'm hoping the plywood can give us a tale.

Comment

• xsbowes
                              2nd Gear
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by bt1211
                              I assumed the interior was stock(since it matches the door panels and the roof trim). If its not, its done very well. I can take pics if needed.

Looks similar to the 70's RR interior color. Is it Leather or vinyl?
                              Stacy
                              Motta S.A. Italy

Comment

• 98 HOO
                                Low Range
                                • Feb 2010

Here are a couple of my '82 109". One the day I got it home, and one on a trail. Hard to believe that I have had it for over 3 years now.
                                '82 109" diesel
                                '04 DII

Comment

Working...