Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • osajaj
    1st Gear
    • Mar 2010

Been busy, painted set of 16" wheels to use with my 235/85 tires, replaced shocks, replaced rear output shaft seal, which lead to my handbrake rebuild, which lead to replacing the rear driveshaft. Which lead to draining every fluid and filling her back up. Now to mount the tires and figure out why she now is stalling and backfiring!!!! Where to begin the diagnosis!!!????
    1996 Discovery SE7 5spd -SOLD
    1962 Series 2a 88"

Comment

• martindktm
      2nd Gear
      • Jun 2008

Drawn my rear winch removable attachment that will be used on my rear tow hitch. Its for an Superwinch Lp8500. Parts should be plasma cut and bent today and I should be able to assemble/weld them tonight at home.

Comment

• giftshopduane
        1st Gear
        • Feb 2009

Picked up more crap for mine
        top, tub, doors, hood, seats basically a 2nd truck minus a few bits.. loaded up ready to head home.

Comment

• westcoastkevin
          1st Gear
          • Jan 2011

Today, I :
          1. Cleaned the flywheel and replaced the center bushing.
          2. Stripped the clutch.

The old and new bushing:

Driving in the new bushing:

Bushing in place:

Compressing the clutch to get the pressure plate out:

Pressure plate in hand:

The cover and springs:

I wire wheeled and washed all the parts and shot the cover with primer:

The lever in the normal position but easier to see without the cover:

The cover is painted and all the pieces laid out.

The guts going together. A dab of high-temp grease on the pivot points and the adjusting not locations:

Clamping the cover on to attach the adjusting nuts:

The finished assembly with the cover and levers back in the original location.:

I have not set the adjuster height yet. I will do that tonight. I need to check the book for it.
          Last edited by westcoastkevin; 04-02-2012, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• siii8873
            Overdrive
            • Jul 2007

pre inspection check out

thought i'd check my lights before I get the 74 inspected. Due March 31st, little late. Well front right driving light and left reverse lights are out. Reverse light was easy, cleaned connections, good. Front right was more of a PITA, after tracing down the problem to the ground lead on the light I found the ground connector at light was disconnected. Reconnected it with a little solder good to go.
            Put the bulkhead cowl, tunnel cover and floors in the 109. Preping for a test drive of the brake upgrade and clutch slave and reservoir work.
            THING 1 - 1973 88 SIII - SOLD
            THING 2 -1974 88 SIII Daily Driver - SOLD
            THING 3 - 1969 88 SIIA Bugeye Project
            THING 4 - 1971 109 SIIA ExMod - SOLD
            THING 5 - 1958 109 PU
            THING 6 - 1954 86" HT

Comment

• LR Max
              3rd Gear
              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Ncrover725
              I was no where as productive as you guys. I took my 109 to the local park and slept in the back of it to avoid the 2 day old baby who kept crying. I was a slacker!
              Procure this item, throw it in the back of the 109 and use it when you get to the park.

That is what I've been doing for the last month. Hammock in the back of the 109, do toward the back, where normal people won't take their cars and chill. Been having house-buying issues and this thing has done a lot to lower my stress level.

Comment

• o2batsea
                Overdrive
                • Oct 2006

got the trans and transfer case up into the RRCLWB. Bolted up the oil pan (removed to make easy access to the torque converter bolts) and the oil pipes for the trans. Still some hook ups yet to do; prop shafts, LH exhaust mani, y pipe, exhaust, cross member, reassemble center console...

I tried to get a shop to do this and nobody in my area wanted to touch it. It cost me several weekends to do this swap between taking the trans out of the donor, out of the driver, and getting it all sorted and back in.

I ended up using my engine crane and dropped a chain down thru the trans hump hole. Somehow I got the right balance point on the trans/transfer case assembly cz it slid right up into place with a small amount of wiggling.

My driveway is THE WORST place to work on cars but it always seems that's where I end up doing all my major repairs. Gnarly gravelly asphalt. If only I lived at the barn where I can work inside with my air tools on a concrete floor...

Comment

• westcoastkevin
                  1st Gear
                  • Jan 2011

I finished adjusting the clutch. some 3/8" keystock and a caliper to set the depth:

Comment

• martindktm
                    2nd Gear
                    • Jun 2008

End up my removable rear winch mount. Electrical wiring will be done later...

Comment

• primerib
                      Low Range
                      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by LR Max
                      Procure this item, throw it in the back of the 109 and use it when you get to the park.
                      Is there no limit to how much style one person can have?
                      Adapt. Migrate. or Die.

1969 Series IIa

Comment

• Jim-ME
                        Overdrive
                        • Oct 2006

Just waited to get mine back.
                        Jim

Comment

• LR Max
                          3rd Gear
                          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by primerib
                          Is there no limit to how much style one person can have?
                          Glad you like that. Originally I used the 109 since getting to the back of the park was a little...muddy. Not that a sedan can't do it, but why muddy up the DD when I got mud tires on the truck?

Speaking of the 109, today its transmission comes BACK out . Reverse wasn't working too good and replacing the detent springs didn't help much.

In the meantime, I've been making progress on procuring the new fort that the 109 will live at. Don't think I'll get all the electrical done before we move in but at least will get the garage floor painted.

Comment

• willincalgary
                            1st Gear
                            • Mar 2008

Removed a disfunctional temperature gauge and odometer/speedometer and sent them off to Vancouver to be fixed. Removed my rear differential to get the broken axle out. While I had it out I swapped all the lock washers out for grade 8 and locktited them all.

Comment

• westcoastkevin
                              1st Gear
                              • Jan 2011

Today, I made a small jig to bend some steel:

Some 1/2" round bar and a bit of angle iron:

I marked out and bent some strips I had previously cut:

It took a bit of practice but I got it worked out:

I still need to tack and weld up this crossmember but every bit helps:

Comment

• Revtor
                                2nd Gear
                                • Apr 2012

Nice fab work WCKev!!!
                                ---- 1969 Bugeye ----
                                ---- 1962 Dormobile ----

Comment

Working...