Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RoverForm
    3rd Gear
    • Jul 2010

on saturday i drove it around in the rain to help set/shrink the canvas top.

on sunday i drove it down to the brick yard and filled the back up with concrete pavers and bags of paving sand.

exciting i know... but it has to pay a little room and board.

Comment

• ivarra
      Low Range
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Tim Smith
      Nothing to do with the weight. It's visibility.

That far side corner can get you into a tight spot when you are negotiating new obstacles.

Seriously, this is even funnier than Amcordo and Crankin put together (sorry guys) I might make a poster out of this picture and put it up in my garage!

Ivar

Comment

• RoverForm
        3rd Gear
        • Jul 2010

Originally posted by ivarra
        Seriously, this is even funnier than Amcordo and Crankin put together (sorry guys) Ivar
        can we get a link?

Comment

• crankin
          5th Gear
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by ivarra
          Seriously, this is even funnier than Amcordo and Crankin put together (sorry guys) I might make a poster out of this picture and put it up in my garage!

Ivar
          Yes, I agree. I don't think I would have thought of that at all...it's really hilarious.

Birmabright Brotherhood

Take the vow, join the brotherhood!

Clint Rankin - 1972 SIII SWB

Comment

• txffjim
            Low Range
            • Mar 2010

This should be what went wrong with your rover today or what will you need for your rover tomorrow

the set screw for the gearstick stripped and fell out- I got stuck in reverse when the lever came out of the shift rods and the brake light switch died again. Is there a better brake switch out there?
            73 SIII swb 139 CI, rochester carb
            working on:
            rear bumper, window glazing, roll cage, paint top, etc... etc... etc....
            http://jims73rover.blogspot.com/

Comment

• SeriesShorty
              2nd Gear
              • Sep 2008

HA! I almost got mine running today after not doing so for over a year now. Some clean fuel and I think I'll be hearing that sweet sound again soon. Tomorrow is another day...
              1966 IIa - ex-MOD, ex-FFR, ex-24v
              1997 Discovery SE7 - I'm empty inside without her

Comment

• Tim Smith
                Overdrive
                • Nov 2006

I just cut the rear cross member off my truck. Took about two and a quarter hours. Starting to put the new one on now. I should have this truck running for the Deer Lake Rally tomorrow with the Sankey in tow.

Comment

• KevinNY
                  4th Gear
                  • Oct 2006

I just cut the rear cross member off my truck. Took about two and a quarter hours. Starting to put the new one on now. I should have this truck running for the Deer Lake Rally tomorrow with the Sankey in tow.
                  I would have thought it would have taken about 15 minutes with an old steak knife.
                  The Goat, 2.8 Daihatsu Td, '73 coil conversion

Comment

• Tim Smith
                    Overdrive
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by KevinNY
                    I would have thought it would have taken about 15 minutes with an old steak knife.
                    I quoted 10 with a butter knife but forgot how strong the wiring is back there.

Comment

• Tim Smith
                      Overdrive
                      • Nov 2006

And it's on and welded up. A few more bolts to tighten up but I evacuated the garage for a few minutes to let the welding fumes die down.

Comment

• redmondrover
                        1st Gear
                        • Nov 2007

Seat Heaters and Door Cards

I connected the front seat heaters and they work great! I am tackling the middle row seat heaters tomorrow.

Also made new door cards for the front doors out of 1/8" ABS plastic sheeting. The previous door cards I made out of pressboard and vinyl got wet and fattened up so much they interfered with shutting the doors. I bought a 4' x 8' sheet of textured black ABS plastic from Calsack Plastics and used the old door cards as a template. The ABS cuts easily with a jigsaw. Middle doors and rear door are next.

Comment

• shock
                          Low Range
                          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by redmondrover
                          I connected the front seat heaters and they work great! I am tackling the middle row seat heaters tomorrow.

Also made new door cards for the front doors out of 1/8" ABS plastic sheeting. The previous door cards I made out of pressboard and vinyl got wet and fattened up so much they interfered with shutting the doors. I bought a 4' x 8' sheet of textured black ABS plastic from Calsack Plastics and used the old door cards as a template. The ABS cuts easily with a jigsaw. Middle doors and rear door are next.
                          I'd like to see pictures of each project if you have any. Especially the door project. Sounds interesting.
                          '66 88 IIA

Comment

• 73series88
                            5th Gear
                            • Oct 2009

got some light guards and a late 2a grill and badge
                            now i have to get a front wing and sill panel to replace the ones i crushed yesterday.
                            aaron
                            Last edited by 73series88; 12-04-2010, 09:08 PM.
                            73 series III 88 2.5 na diesel daily driver
                            67 series 2a 88 RHD sold
                            88 RRC sold
                            60 mga coupe

Comment

• Jim-ME
                              Overdrive
                              • Oct 2006

Looking great! Hope you can find the bits you need. IFIWME I'd look really hard at the plastic wings our sponsors sell.
                              Jim

Comment

• 73series88
                                5th Gear
                                • Oct 2009

we got the overdrive lever installed today
                                nailed that hole perfectly.
                                man i was sweating cutting throught the tunnel.
                                just need the clutch bearing to put the rest in.
                                anybody have one for a fairey kicking around.
                                aaron
                                Last edited by 73series88; 02-28-2011, 10:08 AM.
                                73 series III 88 2.5 na diesel daily driver
                                67 series 2a 88 RHD sold
                                88 RRC sold
                                60 mga coupe

Comment

Working...