X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • albersj51
    5th Gear
    • May 2010

Originally posted by rosims
    FINALLY!!!! After a year got to drive it. This is my first rover to restore, when I got this it was in boxes completely disassembled. I think I got everything back where it goes. Still working on the interior. Thanks to our hosts and other suppliers of parts.......whew! what a challenge.
    Looks awesome! Nice work and congrats!

Comment

• rwollschlager
      5th Gear
      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by rosims
      FINALLY!!!! After a year got to drive it. This is my first rover to restore, when I got this it was in boxes completely disassembled. I think I got everything back where it goes. Still working on the interior. Thanks to our hosts and other suppliers of parts.......whew! what a challenge.
      fantastic looking truck! surely you have more pictures than that

-Rob
      ------------------------------------------------
      72 SIII 88
      67 SIIA 109
      82 SIII Stage 1 V8
      -- http://www.youtube.com/barnfind88 --

Comment

• martindktm
        2nd Gear
        • Jun 2008

Rebuilt rear brake....

Did the front brakes....

Installed the T and stainless line in the rear diff...

Installed mudflaps and part of the exhaust...

Comment

• martindktm
          2nd Gear
          • Jun 2008

Installed grab handle bars on the frame...

New fuel pump...

Comment

• rosims
            Low Range
            • Jun 2010

Looks great. What kind of rear springs and shocks do you have?
            sigpic
            2006 LR3
            1967 109 Station Wagon
            M37B1
            M38A1

Comment

• martindktm
              2nd Gear
              • Jun 2008

Shocks are britparts that came with the chassis. The leaf spring also came with the chassis dont really know what kind of parabolics they are....

Comment

• Duckman
                Low Range
                • Sep 2010

Installed license plate light assembly on my Series III. 30+ year old English MOD wiring turned this into a 3 hour job.

I am, however, now ready for sundown driving - legally.
                sigpic
                1974 Ex MOD Series III Lightweight/Air Portable

Comment

• vkjar
                  Low Range
                  • May 2008

Now that winter is finally over (sort of) I reinstalled my Kodiak heater into my truck after a new fan and motor were installed.

After not being able to stand listening to my door windows rattle I finally replaced the window tracks with new fuzzy ones which have been sitting in my basement for the last two years just waiting for that last nerve to snap! that evolved into instaling the Rocky MTN rubber track kit I had in my basement since last spring, which then turned into the installation of the Wright Offroad Accustic matting I had in waiting.

Next on the list in no particuar order:
                  • Rocky Mtn Flasher unit.
                  • 8:1 head
                  • 24 spline diff, locker, and axles.
                  • wire up the PIAA's on the roof rack.
                  • Pangolin Alt. Bracket.
                  • and whatever other little accesories I have sitting in wait .
                  1966 SIIa 88"
                  Calgary Alberta Canada
                  Best thing about working in the northern Canadian bush at -40, very few Black Flies!

Comment

• rejeep
                    4th Gear
                    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by vkjar
                    Now that winter is finally over (sort of) I reinstalled my Kodiak heater into my truck after a new fan and motor were installed.

After not being able to stand listening to my door windows rattle I finally replaced the window tracks with new fuzzy ones which have been sitting in my basement for the last two years just waiting for that last nerve to snap! that evolved into instaling the Rocky MTN rubber track kit I had in my basement since last spring, which then turned into the installation of the Wright Offroad Accustic matting I had in waiting.

Next on the list in no particuar order:
                    • Rocky Mtn Flasher unit.
                    • 8:1 head
                    • 24 spline diff, locker, and axles.
                    • wire up the PIAA's on the roof rack.
                    • Pangolin Alt. Bracket.
                    • and whatever other little accesories I have sitting in wait .

whats the flasher unit?
                    1971 SIIa 88" NAS Dauntles V6
                    1974 SIII 109" RHD

Comment

• vkjar
                      Low Range
                      • May 2008

Rocky Mountain makes a Hazard flasher unit that wires into the dash giving a SII's hazard lights plus it also provides a cig lighter to power small accessories/chargers etc
                      1966 SIIa 88"
                      Calgary Alberta Canada
                      Best thing about working in the northern Canadian bush at -40, very few Black Flies!

Comment

• stomper
                        5th Gear
                        • Apr 2007

I have always wanted one of those flasher units, but don't know how to wire it. Does it come with instructions, or is it a simple procedure? I also felt if I instal it, my rover would break down more, and it would become a necessity to use!
                        Bad gas mileage gets you to some of the greatest places on earth.

Comment

• LaneRover
                          Overdrive
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by stomper
                          I have always wanted one of those flasher units, but don't know how to wire it. Does it come with instructions, or is it a simple procedure? I also felt if I instal it, my rover would break down more, and it would become a necessity to use!
                          No no no! They break down more when you AREN'T prepared! Hmmmm this tool kit is banging around in the back of the Rover I'll just take it out for this run to the store . . .
                          1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
                          1965 109 SW - nearly running well
                          1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
                          1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2

Comment

• vkjar
                            Low Range
                            • May 2008

Originally posted by stomper
                            yup fairly straight forward install all wires color coded etc. with instructions and will work with both pos. and neg. grounded trucks
                            1966 SIIa 88"
                            Calgary Alberta Canada

Comment

• stomper
                              5th Gear
                              • Apr 2007

That's good to know. My son wants the cig. lighter to charge his ipod too, so I guess I need to put that on the list of summer projects. This website is costing me money!
                              Bad gas mileage gets you to some of the greatest places on earth.

Comment

• morgant
                                1st Gear
                                • Jun 2009

Fired up my Series III for the first time in... almost 11 months?! That can't be right! Gah!

The Daihatsu diesel still chugs away, so that's a huge relief! Didn't even need to charge the battery to get it to turn over. I've got the clutch hydraulics parts on order, so, with a little luck and a lot of bloody knuckles, I should have it moving under it's own power.

I pulled the clutch tower out of its white vinegar bath and tomorrow I'll be POR-15'ing it & the section of bulkhead underneath. Unfortunately, I didn't do enough of the rust repair last year and didn't really button anything up for winter, so it's bubbling all over on the bulkhead now. Double-gah!
                                rikuwoiku — to travel overland.
                                1982 Series III 88" (RHD w/2.8L Daihatsu diesel)
                                2002 Discovery II SE

CentreSteer.com — A podcast by, for, and about Land Rover owners. (Panelist & Content Producer)

SeriesParts.com — A master list of parts, part suppliers (our gracious hosts included), and repair shops for Series Land Rovers.

Comment

Working...