X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Max(SD)
    Low Range
    • Jul 2011

Turn signals not working

I have a 1959 left hand drive 88 Rover. All the electrical work except for driver side front and rear turn signal. Just replaced with new bulbs, but signal is not working. Switched the bulbs from driver side to passenger side to make sure it was not faulty bulbs, and passenger side works.

For the life of me I can not find the fuse box. I have a voltage regulator attached to bulkhead, to the right of if is a single exposed clear fuse, to the left of the regulator is a black cover that is bolted closed, have not take the cover off as of yet. But it is bolted on pretty securely, can't imagine that it is the fuse box, and it is not readily accessed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
  • Max(SD)
    Low Range
    • Jul 2011

I did not realize that this was my first post, I have been lurking around here a long time. I had been searching for many years for an early Land Rover Series II, I found this one earlier this year in Reno, been driving it around San Diego most of the spring, and this summer moved the family to Bend, OR. Been driving it around all summer up here with the top off, just put the top on this past weekend in anticipation of cooler and wet temperatures.

Comment

• leafsprung
      Overdrive
      • Nov 2006

yup you found the fuse box. Based on what you have said it sounds like you are getting power to the switch ok and your flasher unit is working. check to see you are getting power out of the switch to the LH side, then check the connections for power to the front harness rear harness and at each light. It is unlikely both would fail so my bet is the switch or an intermediate connection. The signals are not fused separately so you can discount the fuse.

Comment

Working...