X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patrickfoley1
    1st Gear
    • Feb 2010

My first entry is on page 36. I am an original owner. Your unit began production 21 December 1967. It was completed 12 January 1968. The original color was Limestone. It was shipped to Rover Baltimore. I have the original Parts Manual and some of the Shop Manual in pdf in my "Grandpa Box" iMac. The Front Brakes drawings and parts numbers are pages 40 & 41. If you want them, send me an email and I will attach them and send them to you. Jim Chandler redbrush2@yahoo.com

Comment

• Armordave
      Low Range
      • Aug 2016

Originally posted by RPGreg2600
      Why is the registry no longer being updated?
      Yea I wonder too. I have 343 and provided that information on this thread a couple years ago. It’s not been added to the list.

Comment

• alaskabush
        Low Range
        • Aug 2018

Originally posted by patrickfoley1
        My first entry is on page 36. I am an original owner. Your unit began production 21 December 1967. It was completed 12 January 1968. The original color was Limestone. It was shipped to Rover Baltimore. I have the original Parts Manual and some of the Shop Manual in pdf in my "Grandpa Box" iMac. The Front Brakes drawings and parts numbers are pages 40 & 41. If you want them, send me an email and I will attach them and send them to you. Jim Chandler redbrush2@yahoo.com
        Thanks for the info. Curious where you got the build info so quickly. I am the second owner, as far as I know. First owners name was Hunt.
        I have original IIA and NADA parts manuals, Owners Manual, and AutoBooks shop manual, as well as regular Haynes manual. Don't have authentic Land Rover IIA shop manual, unfortunately.
        I have planned on turning the drums and riveting oversize pads to make up the distance, but was hoping someone knew a source for new drums of proper dimension. Not really important, I guess.
        Put the Chevy 6 in years ago for better power and because the carb on the Rover 6 didn't like the Fairbanks winters. Eventually highway speeds became such that driving a Rover anytime other than for a lark resulted in too much angry traffic, so retired to farm use only. A few years ago my wife drove into a flash flood because the brakes were poor and wet, and narrowly escaped with her life. I dragged the Rover out and de-watered but the clutch eventually seized to the flywheel. I was regularly running the engine to maintain lube until I could pull it for clutch replacement, until at one point in the winter it wouldn't start. Found out the distributor gear and cam gear sheared. Oil pump likely seized, causing the damage. Engine out now, pending repair. Just can't find the time.
        Had radiator built for outside the breakfast and put headlights on fenders, but planning on installing electric eventually.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2460.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	169878By the way, by off-road, I mean a lot farther than in Alaska Frontier. We don't have a road, and most of the year can't even get a Land Rover in or out. Still wearing the Work Horse Traction tires from about 1990, weather checks and all, and wishing they were still available.

Comment

• TempestPowered
          Low Range
          • Sep 2018

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180706_173202.jpg
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	169880

In Fairbanks Ak, just got new shoes. Belonged to my father before it became mine.

Comment

• patrickfoley1
            1st Gear
            • Feb 2010

Welcome Aboard. If I can be of any help, just ask.

Jim Chandler (redbrush2@yahoo.com)

Comment

• dogman01
              Low Range
              • Nov 2018

Hello, I am out of Airdrie, Ab, Canada. I have recently acquired my Dads 1967 109 NADA. VIN# 3430075A. I would like to add it to the registry.

Comment

• clearcut
                2nd Gear
                • Jul 2014

NIce to here from you

Post some pictures

josh t
                1967 Land Rover 109
                1966 Land Rover 109

Joshua Tyler

Comment

• patrickfoley1
                  1st Gear
                  • Feb 2010

Some years back I stumbled across the "build" information for the complete series production run. I downloaded it.

patrickfoley (Jim Chandler-Bethel, OH)

Comment

• bfein1075
                    Low Range
                    • Jul 2017

Does anyone know if the front seats in NADAs were coil or foam. I assumed they were all coil but now I am hearing conflicting things.

Comment

• clearcut
                      2nd Gear
                      • Jul 2014

Berry

I no my center bench seat is coil

I will look over poppy red for the front seats

josh
                      1967 Land Rover 109
                      1966 Land Rover 109

Joshua Tyler

Comment

• bfein1075
                        Low Range
                        • Jul 2017

Originally posted by clearcut
                        Berry

I no my center bench seat is coil

I will look over poppy red for the front seats

josh
                        MIddle row for sure was coil but I have seen conflicting things about the front. I've seen two original trucks with foam so my assumption is that it what they should have.

Comment

• bfein1075
                          Low Range
                          • Jul 2017

Exhaust heat-shield

I've noticed that some people a dual sided heat shield on the exhaust downpipe. In the parts manual it shows a one sided shield - faces tire but in the larger parts manual there is a second shield available that faces the footwell.

Anyone have an extra lying around?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4163.jpg
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	169892

Comment

• jeffz95
                            Low Range
                            • Jan 2019

#544 headed to my garage in Colorado via transporter after wrapping up a deal with prior owner yesterday. Looking forward to some great adventures.

Comment

• bfein1075
                              Low Range
                              • Jul 2017

Originally posted by jeffz95
                              #544 headed to my garage in Colorado via transporter after wrapping up a deal with prior owner yesterday. Looking forward to some great adventures.
                              Pics?

Comment

• jeffz95
                                Low Range
                                • Jan 2019

Originally posted by bfein1075
                                Pics?
                                The 109 pic is a while back, i have detailed pics not real good ill post better when shes home. Original paint, straight body, some cool bits, extra 6 cylinder motor, inspection came out good, a driver.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...