X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jac04
    Overdrive
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by dabawei
    Can any one say the difference between Exmoor trim canvas product for S2a, there is an standard cotton and new line called deep weave canvas?
    It's my understanding that Exmoor Trim is now using the 'deep weave' canvas only and they are no longer producing tops out of the old material.

Comment

• dabawei
      Low Range
      • Dec 2011

Exmoor trim vs Britpart

Hi,

What are the difference between Exmoor trim ragtop and Britpart ragtop for series 2 88' WSW? In terms of quality, colours and final look?

BR
      Ahmad

Comment

• Escargo
        Low Range
        • May 2008

Just one quick question. Both the "Proline" hood sticks and tilt went together pretty well but... Where does the rope(line if you are a sailor) go that comes out of the bottom front corner of each side curtain? It is too far forward of the closest hoop to tie to it.
        Hans

Comment

• disco2hse
          4th Gear
          • Jul 2010

See the second video I posted in posting #41. At 2:00.
          Alan

109 Stage 1 V8 ex-army FFR
          2005 Disco 2 HSE

http://www.youtube.com/user/alalit

Comment

• Escargo
            Low Range
            • May 2008

Can't find it. Can you tell me in words?

Comment

• disco2hse
              4th Gear
              • Jul 2010

Tell you what. You make more effort, so I don't have to.

Try scrolling to the top of the page
              Alan

109 Stage 1 V8 ex-army FFR
              2005 Disco 2 HSE

http://www.youtube.com/user/alalit

Comment

• Escargo
                Low Range
                • May 2008

Gotcha. Thanks

Comment

• blue bomber
                  Low Range
                  • Dec 2011

I have a helpful hint when using these canvas tops. I was experiencing exhaust stink wafting into the cab any time the throttle was released. This may not be an issue with a stock style pea shooter muffler and tail pipe. But in my case, both the 2.25 and the 5.7 vortec, were killing me!!After multiple attempts to figure out how defeat the stank!! It took a quick history lesson to smart me up. If you look at a WWII MB jeep,the canvas is open except the rear. It is pulled down. Magic!! I just rolled it down and now it's gone. I can haul butt down dirt road without a dirt swirl coming in the back. Check out these images. I hope this is helpful .Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339660350.102275.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	167109Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339660497.077462.jpg
Size:	189.0 KB
ID:	167110Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339660587.338882.jpg
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	167111

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Broadstone
                    2nd Gear
                    • Jan 2009

Put a soft top on for the first time yesterday and unless I am missing something I am not to impressed with how it fits along the windscreen/doortop corners. It is brand new though poorly stored by the previous owner so has discoloration. It seems to be that the corners do not stay where they are meant to. I have watched an install video and they say it will be a bit loose there to allow for shrinkage. As far as I see it if it shrinks it will be even worse there. I posted pictures as it lays by itself but also how easy it is to pull the corners up and I assume wind when traveling would cause it to pull up even more there. The strap along the windscreen and drain channels is tied back as instructed and makes no difference. Is this just how they are? and why after 60+ years of soft tops is there not a better design for a nicer fit?
                    Attached Files
                    1973 NADA 88

Comment

• jac04
                      Overdrive
                      • Feb 2007

^^The front piece with the 'tines' on it should be up against the windshield frame. On my SIII Lightweight, this piece is actually riveted to the windshield frame using the hole at each tine. This will bring the front edge of the top down, and will keep it in the gutters as well.

Comment

• Broadstone
                        2nd Gear
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by jac04
                        ^^The front piece with the 'tines' on it should be up against the windshield frame. On my SIII Lightweight, this piece is actually riveted to the windshield frame using the hole at each tine. This will bring the front edge of the top down, and will keep it in the gutters as well.
                        Thanks for the reply, so if I follow you correctly I would have to bend the front rail downward to get it to touch the windscreen frame and then drill into the frame and rivot it? I am just not sure I want to drill my windscreen frame as now that its on I am kinda thinking its not as practical for me as the truck top I run it with.
                        1973 NADA 88

Comment

• jac04
                          Overdrive
                          • Feb 2007

I would bend it so that it is tight up against the windshield frame. Since you switch between tops, I agree with not riveting it.

Comment

Working...