Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bmohan55
    4th Gear
    • Sep 2008

Finished intalling and troubleshooting the new harness...everything works and it sounds and drives great. Drove it to work this morning, after not driving it for two years I thought I'd be happier but not really....
    04 Disco, Gone-Disco died & so did mine
    '72 S3 88 - Leakey & Squeaky

Comment

• 73series88
      5th Gear
      • Oct 2009

i got a set of lucas lenses from jim the other day.
      and i bought some stuff from msgunny yesterday. including a set of light bases.
      bye bye defender lights.
      aaron
      73 series III 88 2.5 na diesel daily driver
      67 series 2a 88 RHD sold
      88 RRC sold
      60 mga coupe

Comment

• 73series88
        5th Gear
        • Oct 2009

thats what its all about man!
        aaron

Originally posted by smukai
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]6703[/ATTACH]

Oh the joys of having my brother in law back in town....

With his help over the past two weekends, I resealed the primary tank with POR-15. Reinstalled it this weekend. Whatever pinhole leak existed is sealed.

New stainless allen head bolts hold the filler tube assembly so I never have to deal with the nightmare of removing that piece again. Skinned knuckles and a very annoyed brother-in-law....

And then a family ride in the rig. My daughter was dancing around all day Sunday since she knew her Rover was going to be running again. She kept running to tell Mom that she was going to get to go for a ride in the truck.

Life is good!
        67 series 2a 88 RHD sold
        88 RRC sold
        60 mga coupe

Comment

• smukai
          Low Range
          • Jul 2007

Topped off clutch reservoir (wonder where the fluid went but who cares right now). Found that the down pipe had pulled away from the header...tightened the three bolts and it seems like the engine compartment is staying far cooler now.

Drove to work today, I'm falling in love with my Rover all over again.
          Seth

'67 IIa 109 Station Wagon (the daughter's toy)
          2003 XC70 (for the dog)
          2006 XC70 (for the wife/daughter/son)
          2002 650 Dakar (for trip planning purposes)

Comment

• Revtor
            2nd Gear
            • Apr 2012

Installed modern seatbelts today, (upper brackets, went pretty smoothly, but didnt wuite fit right. Hope I dodnt mount them backwards.. oh well) Then sanded and primed half of the rear door.

Continued to mess with the broken bolt in my transfercase, looks like there is some progress being made.. (Nitric acid -slooowly eating it away)

After dinner, I'm going to take my shift knobs to the buffing wheel, the R1234 looks great with new white lettering and the yellow/red ones sanded right down to bright color again (400/600/1000 grits)

~Steve
            ---- 1969 Bugeye ----
            ---- 1962 Dormobile ----

Comment

• LaneRover
              Overdrive
              • Oct 2006

Started my '66 with some gas in the carb - gas in tank is on the ground . . .

Got to look at a spare tank I have to put that in after checking for leaks of course, maybe doing a POR 15 tank seal or something like that. Then I need to replace the exhaust intermediate pipe and possibly do some work on the back of the axle housing.

Will also have to replace the brake MC - then I should be 100% good to go . . . just in time for me to head back down to FL. DOH!
              1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
              1965 109 SW - nearly running well
              1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
              1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2

Comment

• o2batsea
                Overdrive
                • Oct 2006

First galvy run today. 'bout 60-70 odd bits. Still to go are the bulkhead, breakfast, one middle door frame, and some to-be-fabbed bits

Comment

• czenkov
                  1st Gear
                  • Sep 2008

Installed the hoop set on the 88" a week ago. Next up is the hardware to actually tie down the top!

Yesterday I installed the fuel line sans fuel filter and put on some heat barrier. So far in 95+degree heat and gaining over 3000 feet in altitude it has yet to do what it used to do best...vapor lock. Yeah I know I just jinxed myself.
                  1960 88" SII Pliny the Elder
                  1997 D-90
                  "Fear profits man, nothing"

Comment

• nategracie808
                    Low Range
                    • Jul 2008

Broke Down with the wife on a really hot day, the wife is not a happy camper.....lol

Comment

• SafeAirOne
                      Overdrive
                      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by nategracie808
                      Broke Down with the wife on a really hot day, the wife is not a happy camper.....lol
                      Well, at least you broke down with the air conditioner on the 'high' setting (doortops removed).
                      --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
                      (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Comment

• 73series88
                        5th Gear
                        • Oct 2009

put new flange gaskets, felt washers. no more 90 weight on my rear wheels
                        and put a new water pump in
                        i was checking things the other day and noticed my water pump fan had a lot of play in it and it was leaking
                        didnt realize how noisey that thing was.
                        im glad the military ingrained pm checks in my brain.
                        aaron
                        67 series 2a 88 RHD sold
                        88 RRC sold
                        60 mga coupe

Comment

• Revtor
                          2nd Gear
                          • Apr 2012

FINALLY got that sheared pivot bolt out of my xfer case.. yesterday.

stripped, primed, painted tunnel sheetmetal.. yesterday.

Remounted license plate..

Ran a new clutch hardline through engine bay. Figured out that I dont need any adaptors to make all the hoses and lines fit.. . Hopefully no leaks tomorrow when I finish it and test it out..

Filled steering box w/90wt

Painted some chassis..

Painted 4wd lever to remount tomorrow..

Remounted pass side sill...

Pulled steering wheel to straighten it out.

All this **** (and more) resulted from just wanting to bleed the clutch a month ago!!

hopefully will be back on the road tomorrow!!!

~Steve
                          ---- 1969 Bugeye ----
                          ---- 1962 Dormobile ----

Comment

• Revtor
                            2nd Gear
                            • Apr 2012

fitted new slave cyl, and bled my clutch! No leaks and it seems to have bled very easily..

filled air filter w/oil

took horn button apart and sanded/primed/painted/resoldered it all.. fitted the restored button.. it looks great, and the wheel is finally straight!

fitted 4-hi linkage on new pivot bolt.

fitted the trans tunnel temporarily and driverside floor.

pulled it out of the garage, first time in a month!

drove around the block, new retractible seatbelts are a very nice upgrade from the stockers.

Drank celebratory pint.
                            Drank another pint.

Changed oil/filter. Rotella 15-40

Decided to fit new brake servo that postman had dropped off a few hours previous.

Loosend some pipe clamps so I could move brake master cyl out of the way.. Removed brake pedal/box, relaized that new servo didn't come with nuts. ran to HW store, 2 mins before closing. Found 8mmx1.25 nuts that fit.. (now metric nuts on the rig too.. that makes what - 6 types of hardware now? )

closed shop for the night.

Tomorrow is: finish brake servo install. change axles/gearbox oils. Buy 6 pack. Install floor and tunnel. Rivet on ID plate. Mess around with a dual gauge to replace the stock oil press gague.

~Steve
                            ---- 1969 Bugeye ----
                            ---- 1962 Dormobile ----

Comment

• SafeAirOne
                              Overdrive
                              • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Revtor
                              FINALLY got that sheared pivot bolt out of my xfer case..
                              How'd you end up doing it? Just a simple easy-out or something more complex?
                              --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
                              (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Comment

• Revtor
                                2nd Gear
                                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by SafeAirOne
                                How'd you end up doing it? Just a simple easy-out or something more complex?
                                easy outs and lefty drills, etc wouldnt work because there just isnt clearance up there on the front of the xfer case. In the end it was just basic ****, but 2 weeks worth.

I ground a slot into the end of the bolt so I could use a small flat head screwdriver and wrench on the shaft to get some torque into the bolt. From there it was oil/heat for a few days. and nothing. then I decided to drill a small hole in from the top so I could get more oil into the threads. ended up drilling two, just barely to the threads. more oil/heat, nothing. I ordered 1oz of nitric acid from ebay and began using that to eat away at the bolt from those top two holes. seemed to work, but was sloooow. I spilled half of it on my garage floor, and it splashed on my shins. lucky i have a hose right outside ready to go. I now have scabs reminding me of that careless moment... Anyway, I used a small diamond point to grind away more from the end of the bolt in hopes of getting rid of some corrosion too. ground the slot deeper, and ground the screwdriver so it would get a better grip in the slot. After the acid was used up I began going at it again with heat/oil. heat oil heat oil, turning on the tiny screwdriver with an adj wrench.. finally - POP! it goes, and I can see the threads revolving - It was free!!!!!!

The whole thing is back together now, swimming in anti-seize.

~Steve
                                ---- 1969 Bugeye ----
                                ---- 1962 Dormobile ----

Comment

Working...